diy solar

diy solar

USB Configuration File for EG4 6500 EX-48

I don't think most people need/want remote viewing. I don't have my units networked either. I turned them on. They work. I know they're working because the lights are on.

Serial is tough to get away from because there is a leap in programming/engineering to go USB or networked. It's not as simple as changing the connector.

I would argue the only thing you need to monitor is battery health. The inverter is basically set and forget. You shouldn't be tinkering with it.

Well I am glad you have such simple needs. However the ability to monitor and configure everything remotely is very desirable to a lot of other people.
I can buy a wifi connected light bulb for 20 bucks that I can make sing and dance from anywhere in the world. I can remotely monitor temperature of my buildings and control my AC unit. I can put in a $35 refurb Ring door bell and get an excellent remote camera with microphone. None of them would consider making you have to configure a serial port and get early 1990s PTSD flashbacks to IRQ conflicts from your modem and your serial mouse.

There is absolutely no excuse to be using the same tech we used when MS-DOS was still in use. It's just lazy and makes the customer experience infuriating.

Just sayin' @SignatureSolarJames .. time to make your company stand out from the other generics?

I guess I just don't see a reason to control my house remotely. I've never been out to dinner and thought "Hey, I'd like to shut the power to my entire house off, let's log into the inverter.".

I guess I just don't see a reason to control my house remotely. I've never been out to dinner and thought "Hey, I'd like to shut the power to my entire house off, let's log into the inverter.".
I don't think anyone would do that, would they?

As I said, I am glad that having no control or insight to monitor for issues or failures works for you in your very specific instance. If they ever fix this stuff, feel free to ignore it. :cool:

I am looking for low cost systems I can package as an offgrid solution and sell to my clients. I need to be able to quickly connect to and configure remotely if need be. I am in the testing phase of these EG4 hardware and EG4 are definitely not that right now unfortunately... and it all seems to be relatively simple software issues, not a hardware issue. Just seems to be a shame.

Back