diy solar

diy solar

Using ChargeVerter 5000 instead of 6000XP Charging?

Mr onetwo

Do the experts here think it would be better to let a ChargeVerter 5000 handle all the charging duties for my PowerPro battery ...grid and generator or let the 6000XP handle the grid side of things and the ChargeVerter just handle the generator input. My thought is that it might help the 6000XP last longer if it just inverts and doesn't do any charging or pass through. Or maybe I am just over thinking this as usual🤔

6000xp for grid. If you ever exceed 6000w on load, then the 6000xp can switch to grid to passthrough the power. If the chargeverter is in the way, then it can't draw from grid.

6000xp for grid. If you ever exceed 6000w on load, then the 6000xp can switch to grid to passthrough the power. If the chargeverter is in the way, then it can't draw from grid.
I take it the chargverter attaches to the battery bank buss bars and not the batt input on the inverter?

So any load over 6000 watts on the inverter and inverter will allow any demand over 6000 watts to passthrough from the grid.

But, the charge output of the XP and that of the chargeverter will not work together to charge batts while in passthrough? If the system is calling for passthrough and charging is needed, do you have to disonnect the chargeverter?

Sounds like you could help me figure this out. I have one 6000xp. If i connected a clothes dryer up to it it would soak up maybe 6000-6200 watts. This would be while Im discharging 300-500 watts as normal bringing the total load being 6300-6700 watts. In my scenario, the breaker I have the grid connected to cant handle it, and also the inverter cant handle it on battery.

Is there any way I could use 6000 watts from battery and bridge it with 300-700 watts from the grid in this scenario?

diy solar

diy solar
Back