diy solar

diy solar

Using Chargeverter?

roadfire

I am running eg4 18kpv inverters and 6 eg4 LL batteries.
When multiple overcast rainy days my batteries deplete to 10% and I go to the grid.
Would it make sense to connect a chargeverter to grid power to charge the batteries?
So then go back to battery power, I believe it would take about 6 hours to fully charge and then run for 6-8 hours.
Or would the chargeverter use more grid power so it wouldn't change anything?
There is a generator option but I really don't want to do that.

Use the EG4 18kpv to charge the batteries from the grid.

Chargeverter + generator is good when the grid is down.

No need for the chargeverter to charge from the grid when you have the 18kpv.

Well, charging with the Chargeverter only (from the grid) and not the inverter shuts off all grid noise coming in.
The power gets cleaner and the inverter will only use your batteries to run all loads.
Steadier volts and no noise.
AKA not run any grid through the inverter at all.
How I am doing it.

I am running eg4 18kpv inverters and 6 eg4 LL batteries.
When multiple overcast rainy days my batteries deplete to 10% and I go to the grid.
Would it make sense to connect a chargeverter to grid power to charge the batteries?
So then go back to battery power, I believe it would take about 6 hours to fully charge and then run for 6-8 hours.
Or would the chargeverter use more grid power so it wouldn't change anything?
There is a generator option but I really don't want to do that.
What are your loads-- average or kWh/day?

Generally you shouldn't need it, but the chargeverter might make it easier to automate (via a smart relay) with more "graceful" logic, like anticipating a battery shortfall and using grid power during a low TOU period without messing with the inverter settings. I would use it as a "storm mode" to top up my batteries.

If you want a double conversion system, then an off grid inverter would be much cheaper. The 18kpv and sol-ark really shine when grid connected.
If comparing only the Inverter, then maybe (depends on which tier products you're looking at). But, when you also add in the SCC's, the AIO's are hard to beat, even if not using the AC charger...

You are forgetting the consumption of the extra inverter from the grid...the point for me atleast is using as little from the grid as possible and having an inverter using power 24hrs long just to be able to step in and charge the batteries when they get too low is not viable.

The Chargeverter doesn't use more than a watt when turned on and passive.

I’ve been searching the forum to see if I can connect the running pair of two 6500ex in split phase while having the charge inverter charging the battery bank and I have a smart shunt I would like to see measure the current in rush so I suppose I would connect the Chargeverter to the system side of the Victron 500amp smartshunt. So the question is will the chargeverter backfeed into the running 6500 inverters or do I have to disconnect my battery bank via the battery disconnect
PS: I have no AC in connection to the inverters, I have three sets of four 12 volt LiFePO4 diy 200 amphr wired series with each set connected to vertical bus bars so 600 amp hr. The BMS can handle the charging easily

I would also like to know if you can run the chargeverter to charge the batteries while the battery banks are still connected to the running inverters?

I would also like to know if you can run the chargeverter to charge the batteries while the battery banks are still connected to the running inverters?
I have the same question. Dont have my system installed yet. how has this worked out for you ?

Back