diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Chargeverter 5000 Not Charging

Hi. After reading through this post, I'm not seeing my exact problem. So, here goes.

Had my system up for about two months now, and got around to hooking up the chargeverter today. It's not charging at all. Says my batteries are already charged. They are currently at 32%.. When I engage and charge from the inverters, everything works great. What's causing the batteries already charged error.

The system
1) Two rack mounted eg4 LL 48 volt batteries
2) Inverters off and all external inverter-related breakers off
3) Chargeverter connections wired directly to the racks internal bus bar, as are all of the cables normally used by the inverter for charging and discharging functions.

As to the chargeverter:

Powers on with no problem. I can access the settings and make changes with no problems. I also have two green lights. The one indicating that the chargeverter is on. The second indicating that the inverter is charging. Yet, the screen says that my batteries are fully charged.

Any help is great help. Thanks all
Posting this in case it can help someone else.
My problem was two-fold.
1) I needed to set the voltage on the chargeverter above 56 volts
2) My generator only outputs 30 amps. The verter was set to 85. The gen. just refused to output even the thirty until after I dropped the verter amps down to 25.

Now the chargeverter functions as it should. Guess I'll get around to buying a larger gen sometime in the future.

Back