diy solar

diy solar

LV6548 shutting down with EG4 Chargeverter & blown Solar Assistant

medic149

Cabin In The Woods
Initial info is what I sent to Signature Solar tech support

Hello

I have been using the chargeverter for a couple of months now. I have an Lv6548 inverter and 3 Eg4 LL 48v batteries and have Solar Assistant connected to monitor the entire system.

Yesterday when turned on the chargeverter breaker the LV6548 immediately shut down. All batteries were on a s seemed fine. The same exact thing happened today as well. After turning off and then on the batteries, the inverter started up with no issue. Only problem now is that the Solar Assistant no longer works.

Did the chargeverter blow the Solar Assistant?

Any idea what is going wrong?

Does it matter if the chargeverter breaker is turned on before or after the generator feeding it is started?

Thank you
Andy

I did have another post that discussed my issues with initial setup. Using a Honda generator 2,200i I could only get 23 amps of charging. However I did purchase a Westinghouse 9500 generator and can now get up to 63 amps but no higher. I am thinking I can't get much higher in amps maybe do to the wire which is for a 30 amp RV Connection. But I can deal with that. It's still charges way faster than the Honda did.

The Chargeverter has capacitors, that are charged as soon as a battery is connected. This can cause the battery voltage to sag briefly. If the battery voltage was already close to the shutdown setting of the AIO. Then it could have triggered the shutdown. Try switching it on at a higher battery voltage.

The Chargeverter has capacitors, that are charged as soon as a battery is connected. This can cause the battery voltage to sag briefly. If the battery voltage was already close to the shutdown setting of the AIO. Then it could have triggered the shutdown. Try switching it on at a higher battery voltage.
Yesterday the batteries were at 80% and 63% today.....

It doesn't sound like a battery voltage issue.
Unless it's a very small battery.
Agreed. It sounds to me like something with the Chargeverter. Wierd since the Chargeverter connects to batteries and not directly to the LV6548.

Will be interested to see what Signature Solar says.

My Chargeverters are permanently connected. And I never turn off the on board breaker. This keeps the capacitors charged at all times.
I only turn on/off the AC feed to it.
I was initially doing this as well, but was wondering if it was drawing much of anything on the batteries.

Have you noticed if it draws much? I might do this again as well.

My Chargeverters are permanently connected. And I never turn off the on board breaker. This keeps the capacitors charged at all times.
I only turn on/off the AC feed to it.
Have you seen any leakage when the chargeverter is unplugged with its breaker on (still connected to the DC bus)?
I guess I could go measure that with a clamp.
@medic149 beat me with the same question by seconds

Have you seen any leakage when the chargeverter is unplugged with its breaker on (still connected to the DC bus)?
I guess I could go measure that with a clamp.
@medic149 beat me with the same question by seconds
I'm not sure what you mean by "leakage".
It draws very little from the battery. (5w or less)
And there is no voltage on the AC side from it.

Wierd since the Chargeverter connects to batteries and not directly to the LV6548.
How are they connected then ???
All items connected to the 51.2v are inter-connected.
How has your Pi died, blowed up/no power or maybe the memory card failed.
How was it getting its power ?
How was it connected to the inverter ?

How are they connected then ???
How has your Pi died, blowed up/no power or maybe the memory card failed.
How was it getting its power ?
How was it connected to the inverter ?

How are they connected then ??? Chargeverter positive to battery 3 and negative to battery 1.

How has your Pi died, blowed up/no power or maybe the memory card failed. No longer is transmitting Bluetooth signal. Haven't tried hooking to laptop yet to see if any data is on it. The first SA I had never transmitted Bluetooth signal and they replaced it. This one is a little over a year old.

How was it getting its power ? SA is connected directly to the battery back on battery 3.

How was it connected to the inverter ? Chargeverter connected directly to batteries. SA is connected via USB cable from SA to Inverter.

Back