diy solar

diy solar

(updated) Signature Solar 48v Chargeverter

Cronix

It seems there is a "new" chargeverter from EG4, for $79 more than the "old" yellow one, and as of now available for pre-order.

Does anyone know if there is any difference between this new grey model and the older yellow one that justifies $80 more? It seems the form factor might be different as well?

Edit: It looks like these are the "new" features:
Dry Contacts:

• Control of generator start/stop function based on Voltage or state of charge (SOC)

Using EG4 Batteries?

• Closed loop communication with EG4 batteries for charging based on battery state of charge (SOC), when batteries are not in communication with the inverter

I was wanting to get another yellow one but can't find them on Signature Solar's site anymore. Just this one.

Yeah, that pretty much nerfs the utility of the comms. Hopefully EG4 solves it in a {18Kpv, PowerPro, ChargeverterGC} firmware update.
If it's going to be solved. It should happen before purchase.

There you go with that “should” thing again. 😁
I can’t buy V1 and I want Chargeverters, so I preordered a couple of V2. 🤷‍♂️ If EG4 fixes their firmware I’m happy, if they don’t I’ll live with it or figure out a workaround or something. Heck, if my system has enough margin I may not even need them except to exercise my generators. Over the cost of this project, the price delta between a couple of V1 /V2 disappears in the noise. Don’t tell My Favorite Wife, but the electrician just quoted me on 1200 feet of 3/0 copper THHN. 🤑

There you go with that “should” thing again. 😁
I know.
Asking for products that just work. Is a lot to ask for these days. They do exist, but it takes a bit of effort to find them.

This thread covers a lot more in-depth on some of the feature differences.

Update paths are great when a software bug is discovered that can be fixed in that way. But it has, I believe, led to laziness and a "let the market be the final quality testers" mentality.

I miss the days that things could generally be expected to work out of the box.

It seems there is a "new" chargeverter from EG4, for $79 more than the "old" yellow one, and as of now available for pre-order.

Does anyone know if there is any difference between this new grey model and the older yellow one that justifies $80 more? It seems the form factor might be different as well?

Dry Contacts:

• Control of generator start/stop function based on Voltage or state of charge (SOC)

Using EG4 Batteries?

• Closed loop communication with EG4 batteries for charging based on battery state of charge (SOC), when batteries are not in communication with the inverter

I was wanting to get another yellow one but can't find them on Signature Solar's site anymore. Just this one.

The upgraded version features a detachable input cord for easy switching between 120v and 240v plugs. Additionally, Dexgon connectors on the output allow for convenient unplugging of cords. Other improvements include an enhanced LCD interface and the addition of dry contacts and RJ11 ports for charger communication.

Dry Contacts:

Using EG4 Batteries?

I was wanting to get another yellow one but can't find them on Signature Solar's site

Back