diy solar

diy solar

New EG4 Chargeverter V2

Heck, the battery charging in my GMC Acadia is controlled by the Body Control Module which does from time to time apply an equalization charge to the battery, it's no longer a simple alternator with voltage regulator, who would have known.
friends don’t let friends buy canbus equipped vehicles 😅

I was early on their signup list. Received my Chargeverter v1 unit delivered this afternoon.
Nice unit.
Mine claims April 2nd.

The only problem is it with shipped with signature verification and I work 2nd shift, so I leave for work at 3:00PM.

Obviously for an expensive item, I guess it's better... But in my case I don't really live in an area where things get stolen (not that they would know this) so it just adds a lot of annoyance to receiving packages.

Mine claims April 2nd.

The only problem is it with shipped with signature verification and I work 2nd shift, so I leave for work at 3:00PM.

Obviously for an expensive item, I guess it's better... But in my case I don't really live in an area where things get stolen (not that they would know this) so it just adds a lot of annoyance to receiving packages.
Have it delivered to work where presumably someone can sign for it? May throw up a flag on the cc address verification tho. When I had my launch PS4 delivered I had it sent to work.

It's rather funny that the GC (stands for generator control) functionality was added due to feedback from this forum and now that EG4 developed and added it, people are upset that it made the product a bit more expensive.

That said, I think some of the differences with the new chargeverter is poorly noted and make the higher price a fair representation of the value added.

The new chargeverter has a removable input cord, so swapping from 120v plug to 240v plug is very easy. The output is now Dexgon (similar to amphenol) connectors so the output cords can be easily unplugged - and shops like mine will soon be able to offer custom cables could provide you whichever length and ring terminal config you like - or give you options if you need to move the chargeverter between systems. The screen is way better too, overall efficiency is significantly increased meaning less energy wasted as heat.

Apologies if I missed it, but I don't see in the product description what the V2 unit comes with in terms of DC output cables. I see the Degson connectors on the unit, but presumably it comes with cables too?

Mine claims April 2nd.

My subsequent notice also says "Signature required". If I had know that CC was doing this as I placed the order - I wouldn't have ordered.

To all companies - Please don't do "signature required" unless very clear before paying. In my case, the delivery window is 'all day' and makes for an annoying day to 'hang around' for a signature. So annoying, I'll remember and not order from CC again.

Last edited:
My subsequent notice also says "Signature required". If I had know that CC was doing this as I placed the order - I wouldn't have ordered.

To all companies - Please don't do "signature required" unless very clear before paying. In my case, the delivery window is 'all day' and makes for an annoying day to 'hang around' for a signature. So annoying, I'll remember and not order from CC again.
I wish we could have chatted before you ordered because we can accommodate removing the signature requirement as long as we communicate / know in advance. If you change your mind and desire to place an order in the future, we’re here and easy to get in contact with. Just talk to us and we will work with you. We send with the signature requirement to make sure the porch pirates don’t ruin anyone’s day, especially on a product in such high demand that replacing a stolen package may prove challenging / impossible.

We have it pretty clearly noted in our shipping policy, but I suppose it’s easy to ignore since it’s not on the actual ordering page. I’ll look into adding a checkbox during the checkout process.

IMG_3308.jpeg

I've thought about this for some time, still not convinced I need one. We can go 5 days on battery alone now and adding another 14Kwh soon.

If things get really bad (grid down and battery bank depleted), I still have my camper system to power the furnace in the house. Or I could use one of the generators direct. I do have a 48V charger for the golf cart but limited to 18A.

Maybe you can all convince me otherwise........

Wow thats a bit extreme. Signature required because they care that you actually receive the item.

I wish we could have chatted before you ordered because we can accommodate removing the signature requirement as long as we communicate / know in advance. If you change your mind and desire to place an order in the future, we’re here and easy to get in contact with. Just talk to us and we will work with you. We send with the signature requirement to make sure the porch pirates don’t ruin anyone’s day, especially on a product in such high demand that replacing a stolen package may prove challenging / impossible.

We have it pretty clearly noted in our shipping policy, but I suppose it’s easy to ignore since it’s not on the actual ordering page. I’ll look into adding a checkbox during the checkout process.

View attachment 205102
That's understandable.

No hard feelings for me on my end, I should have done my due to diligence and fully read before ordering, it's not a super deal breaker, just an annoyance.

In my case, and maybe others I believe I can go on to the FedEx app and tell them to hold it at their hub so that I can just go there and pick it up when I want to.

It’s only about $2 more from SS for the new version. No tax and less shipping. 😳
I paid more for the yellow from CC at the time due to the landscape of vendors.
I don’t regret my purchase. They acquired one, set it aside, emailed me, and DMd me. Oh and it was at my door 3 days after hitting purchase. Can’t complain about service like that imo.

Separately, I typically hate signing for packages. I live in the sticks with near zero risk of porch pirates, but I didn’t have a second thought about signing for something that’s hundreds of dollars. Demonstrates they take precautions with deliveries imo

I’m sure others feel differently for their own objective reasoning too

Wow thats a bit extreme. Signature required because they care that you actually receive the item.
No sir. If you have packages stolen then that's a theft/police issue. Requiring that deliveries be annoying for the masses for the few that have issues is not the best solution!

I get literally 100s of packages per year and at least 300 of them have been solar equipment over the last 6 years. Only 3 or 4 have been signature required and a few tailgate type deliveries require interaction due to the nature of heavy freight. Tracking is so detailed, it's not about a package being lost. Some shipping companies (DHL for example) have an option to decline 'signature required' after it's shipped (Batrium uses this option). There are options.

I do appreciated the CC comment / hope they implement something. At least there's some acknowledgement that there may be options, that's the kind of company I appreciate :)

Last edited:
No sir. If you have packages stolen then that's a theft/police issue. Requiring that deliveries be annoying for the masses for the few that have issues is not the best solution!

I get literally 100s of packages per year and at least 300 of them have been solar equipment over the last 6 years. Only 3 or 4 have been signature required and a few tailgate type deliveries require interaction due to the nature of heavy freight. Tracking is so detailed, it's not about a package being lost. Some shipping companies (DHL for example) have an option to decline 'signature required' after it's shipped (Batrium uses this option). There are options.

I do appreciated the CC comment / hope they implement something. At least there's some acknowledgement that there may be options, that's the kind of company I appreciate :)
I agree.

It's a good gesture for those that need it, but that's also what insurance is for. 💁‍♀️

Received the order a couple of days ago and got one of them installed in the camper trailer! When boondocking, this will let me hook the generator directly to the Chargeverter and still be able to use the full 3000w AC from the MPP Solar. Yellow doesn't fit with the decor but I don't have anywhere to hide/tuck it away :)
1711993778338.png1711993948314.png1711993868256.png

Generator tests.....
MaXpeedingrods 3500w worked - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09PBFVWFK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title
1711994264037.png
Gradually increased the Chargerverter to 50a (on 120v) and the generator was humming along but... when I put a sudden, large load (turned on the hot water heater = 1500w) on the MPP Solar, apparently sudden? pull down on the battery voltage did something to put the Generator/Chargeverter into 'overload' mode. Generator in Eco mode. Found that I can sustain up to ~40a of Generator/Chargerverter charging even with large (2,500w) sudden loads on the MPP Solar.

Duel fuel Champion 2500-Watt (Model 200961) failed - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08L45W2V9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title
1711994100169.png
Even set down to 2a of charging, and minimal (200w) load on the MPP Solar. When the Chargerverter kicks on it seemed to 'surge the generator'?!? and puts the Champion into overload mode. Even killed it entirely once. Have no idea why! Couldn't get it to do any charging thru the Chargeverter.

Overall - it's a success but I only got 40a (~2100w) of uninterrupted charging when my rose colored glasses were wishing for 3000w. And the Champion is a disappointment. I'll turn off Eco Mode next time - maybe get closer to the 3000w.
1711995489810.png

Last edited:
Back