diy solar

diy solar

Issues with EG4 Chargeverter Shipping (Current Connected)

saiyaken_PHOENIX

Update: Just got my shipping notification from Current Connected, all should be good soon.

Edit: This seems to be a worldwide shipping issue, not localized only to Current Connected, as others have confirmed purchasing from other vendors and having the same issue. Original post is below.

Hello, this is my very first post so apologies for the slightly ranty tone and if I'm in the wrong section with this. I've essentially taught myself using Will Prowse's Youtube videos and am currently satisfied with what I've done as far as getting fully electrically off-grid.

I've ordered an EG4 Chargeverter early December, their site told me shipments would be backordered and expected towards the end of December (as opposed to January on Signature Solar at the time I checked), so I went with Current Connected for the purchase. Come the end of December, I sent an email inquiring about my Chargeverter, they replied and told me there was a delay on EG4's end, and to expect shipments towards middle of January. Middle of January passed, sent an email again inquiring, they've just come from a trade show and has said the Chargeverters have been delayed yet again, and to expect them at the end of January. I'm currently two days in a week-long cloud-and-rain spell, and I'm getting quite frustrated at the prospect of waiting an entire two months from purchase to recieving my stuff.

Anyone else have this issue? Is it just a Current Connected thing or is it even in Signature Solar, or is it a whole worldwide thing?

Last edited:
It’s unfortunate that eg4 has these backordered and yet many vendor sites will show “ships by” on them.
I will await explanation in regards to disease, sales, lack of employees, or host of other reasons from the showwalter crowd
Unfortunately now such practices are impacting and potentially creating a bad look on other business owners it seems

Welp, sorry to make Current Connected look bad in this, I'm actually surprised this is a global thing that's happening to everyone. At the very least I can keep the backup generator fueled up and going, for now.

I placed the order with EG4 in December. At the time EG4 told me that they were in stock. 3 days later they had to apologize and they said that the chargers would be shipping to me on December 20th. Time and time again things got pushed....On Christmas it was early January, in early January it was mid January, then late January...here we are and I still have no tracking number. I really don't enjoy complaining publicly because it's not a good look for either of our businesses, plus I'm already giving my sales rep and her manager an ear full...but what choice do I have here but to tell the truth?

@SignatureSolarJames @SignatureSolarJess I'm as good as the information your team gives me. I can only hold so much inventory to buffer shortcomings. Please consider the internal flow of accurate information and ship dates. Being put into a situation to make excuses on your behalf is not fun, especially if I'm doing it with bad information that puts customers into sticky situations.

Welp, sorry to make Current Connected look bad in this, I'm actually surprised this is a global thing that's happening to everyone. At the very least I can keep the backup generator fueled up and going, for now.
May I respectfully suggest you go up to your original post, hit the "edit" link, and post an UPDATE sentence there, noting that this is clearly not Current Connected's fault? Many people come to this site looking for quick answers, and don't read all the way through a thread. Dexter (Current Connected) has been an incredible resource to many here, so it would be a shame to have some erroneously think he and his company were at fault for something they cannot control.

I placed the order with EG4 in December. At the time EG4 told me that they were in stock. 3 days later they had to apologize and they said that the chargers would be shipping to me on December 20th. Time and time again things got pushed....On Christmas it was early January, in early January it was mid January, then late January...here we are and I still have no tracking number. I really don't enjoy complaining publicly because it's not a good look for either of our businesses, plus I'm already giving my sales rep and her manager an ear full...but what choice do I have here but to tell the truth?

@SignatureSolarJames @SignatureSolarJess I'm as good as the information your team gives me. I can only hold so much inventory to buffer shortcomings. Please consider the internal flow of accurate information and ship dates. Being put into a situation to make excuses on your behalf is not fun, especially if I'm doing it with bad information that puts customers into sticky situations.
We completely understand your position, Dexter. The frustration that comes from these repeated changes with the expected arrival dates is not lost on us, and I want to assure you that we are also taking this matter seriously. These unforeseen challenges have impacted our ability to meet the timelines we initially gave, and for that, we sincerely apologize.
Your commitment to keeping both of our company's image positive is truly valued and appreciated!

@SignatureSolarJess do you think by 2030 that the signature eg4 solar not same company, same company will better understand how to “foresee” the industry that they choose to participate in?
Or for how many years will the business of import and distribution remain so foreign?

@SignatureSolarJess do you think by 2030 that the signature eg4 solar not same company, same company will better understand how to “foresee” the industry that they choose to participate in?
Or for how many years will the business of import and distribution remain so foreign?
We're going to focus on 2024 for now, Goose! 😂 But I have high hopes for 2030 🌞

May I respectfully suggest you go up to your original post, hit the "edit" link, and post an UPDATE sentence there, noting that this is clearly not Current Connected's fault? Many people come to this site looking for quick answers, and don't read all the way through a thread. Dexter (Current Connected) has been an incredible resource to many here, so it would be a shame to have some erroneously think he and his company were at fault for something they cannot control.
Done. Thanks for the reminder.

patience folks patience. “Good things come to those who wait” is an English proverb. It's used to describe the benefits of waiting patiently rather than rushing into something.

Back