diy solar

diy solar

Issues with EG4 Chargeverter Shipping (Current Connected)

Hello,
Everyone, I have been calling everyone on the list, and I almost have it finished. I need to stop today, because I have an appointment scheduled to call and troubleshoot some issues with a system. I think I have less than 10 people to call. I will pick up where I left off tommorow. Thank you for your patience while we deal with this.

Jason,
Current Connected

Anyone got any word from EG4 themselves?
Let's hope it isn't something like political sanctions royally screwing us over.
WTF are you talking about....this is about supply chain problems and demand outstripping supply. I have a classic MOPAR that I haven't been able to get brake calipers for in 5 years....try waiting that long!:fp2

We got word that our chargeverter order is being packed, I will still be calling everyone and letting them know. This means we should be able to ship these units out very soon. I appreciate everyone's patience through this process.

We got word that our chargeverter order is being packed, I will still be calling everyone and letting them know. This means we should be able to ship these units out very soon. I appreciate everyone's patience through this process.
Is your current delivery all spoken for? I’ll order one or two on the site today if not

Is your current delivery all spoken for? I’ll order one or two on the site today if not
It's not completely spoken for, but we have them marked out of stock until they reach our dock.

We are going to stop offering pre-orders for EG4 products; only taking orders when the inventory is physically in our warehouse.

Thanks @HighTechLab , I did just see the email to request notification on your website as well.
I’ve reached out to Jason per the listed instructions.
Hoping to get a handful of things from ya in one swoop to maybe save on shipping/processing

They have not all been sold. I have a list of people wishing to purchase, and when they go live we will deduct that number from what we put on the site. If you want two I will add you to the list which will guarantee you get the two units you need.

6kW for over $5,000? That one won't be my friend, that's for sure ;). You can get a clean 11kW dual fuel inverter generator for like $2,000...
It's pretty efficient because its direct DC current, so no loss through through inverting to AC. Propane (and any fossil fuel) is only going to get more expensive, so the total cost per kwh should be considered. I have $6K Honda gas generator that is way less efficient DC->AC->DC->battery. I also have an 1800 rpm diesel air-cooled prime DC generator, but I'm overhauling that now. Its extremely quiet and extremely efficient, but I like propane..

It's pretty efficient because its direct DC current, so no loss through through inverting to AC. Propane (and any fossil fuel) is only going to get more expensive, so the total cost per kwh should be considered. I have $6K Honda gas generator that is way less efficient DC->AC->DC->battery. I also have an 1800 rpm diesel air-cooled prime DC generator, but I'm overhauling that now. Its extremely quiet and extremely efficient, but I like propane..
Yeah I hear you, but not being made of money, I'll take the hit on the efficiency losses on an 11kW generator for 40% of the cost of the DC 6kW. That's a lot of extra cheddar for significantly less power, even accounting for the efficiency losses. Having said that, the efficiency would certainly make your fuel go further, eh? ;)

Back