diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Chargeverter | 48v 100A Battery Charger - Question

J.P.

I just tried out my new Chargeveter last night and it's not working as expected. I hooked everything up, started the generator, went to the Chargeverter and saw that the screen was powered up and it was reading the Battery voltage correctly at 50.4 V. I went into the Settings screen and set it for Voltage: 55.0 V and Current: 35.0 Amps. and hit ESC to return to the main screen.

I flipped the breaker on the Chargeverter and the generator engine changed tone (as if it had a load on it now) but the screen on the Chargeverter continued to show the correct Battery Voltage but showed Current: 0 A and Energy: 0 kwH and they never changed.

I got my clamp meter and put it around the cable b/t the Chargeverter and the battery and it read 37.4 Amps. It was charging the battery but it did not register that on the screen. Has anyone else had this issue?

I observed the same thing with one of my units after using it for the first time yesterday. It quite happily charged a 25 kWh battery bank but reported zero charging current the entire time. The actual current observed via clamp was about 90 amps.

Short video:

I purchased my unit from Current Connected and have a query in to them about why this might be.

I observed the same thing with one of my units after using it for the first time yesterday. It quite happily charged a 25 kWh battery bank but reported zero charging current the entire time. The actual current observed via clamp was about 90 amps.

Short video:

I purchased my unit from Current Connected and have a query in to them about why this might be.
I was back at this location earlier today and did a second charge cycle. This issue did not reoccur. Both of my units reported output amperage and total output energy as expected and as seen in some other demo videos. The values closely matched what I measured with a clamp meter.

So, if you're seeing this problem, maybe try a power cycle.

Back