diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Chargeverter Grid/Gen Question?

Barclke

Just starting out and trying to figure out if I can use an 240v ON-OFF-ON disconnect switch from either GRID power (from main panel) or from Generator power (inlet plug) to a 240v outlet and plug the EG4 Chargeverter into it to charge a rack of EG4 batteries. GRID would keep the batteries charged until a Grid Down condition, where the Generator will then be used to charge the batteries. Solar will come later.

I want to use the EG4 6000xp inverter (and possibly expanding to multiple 6000xp in future) to connect to a sub-panel combiner box with a few local breakers to run pool heater and pump. Also run a connection back from the combiner box to my main with a 100a breaker with an interlock switch in case of GRID failure.

I'm just trying to figure out the best way to avoid having a GRID down event, and then feeding the main panel from the Inverter, but then having the main panel feeding back into the Grid In breakers on the 6000xp inverter. I know I could throw some breakers to avoid the situation, but I'm thinking about trying to explain this to others. I was hoping in a Grid Down situation to flip the interlock on the main and then position the ON-OFF-ON disconnect switch from the Grid position to the Generator position.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Should both feeds from the grid and generator inlet be set to 30 amp 240 volt into the ON-OFF-ON SWITCH into a 30 amp plug for the chargeverter?

Can the chargeverter settings remain the same to charge the EG4 batteries?

Should both feeds from the grid and generator inlet be set to 30 amp 240 volt into the ON-OFF-ON SWITCH into a 30 amp plug for the chargeverter?

Can the chargeverter settings remain the same to charge the EG4 batteries?
Can be, if everything is happy with that.

Back