diy solar

diy solar

Verification and feedback

skippsterr

I wanted to build a modular system as well as learn more about electricity, as well as have options when power is out. Not to mention solar and uses for ham radio. I want the system to fit into a large pelican case I have. I have (4) 135aH lifepo4 cells and the victron 30A charger, bluetooth monitor, and 250a battery protect, a small blue bms, and 2kw inverter I have a small BMS i low balanced the batteries; didn't know that needed to be done (thanks!! GREAT VIDEO on that).

Battery:
Each 3.2v 135ah cell will be about 432Wh
In series it's 1728wh at 12.8v which is now 135ah

Features/functionality:
  • portability (rare if much)
  • power my ham radio gear
    • take to field days
  • power my cpap (me and the wife)
  • run on batteries 1st, then move to shore power
  • take outdoor stuff (field day, beach day)
  • have accessories for
    • power poles,
    • car socket charger
    • USB to power x devices
    • DC ports
    • lighting
  • eventually add on panels and more battery capacity as needed

Attached is what i want to wire up. I don't want to run my whole house, just cpap, some electronics, and or my refrigerator. I still need to add up components wattage, but can add-on as needed.

Please comment on thoughts/suggestions.

Attachments

• solar_power.pdf
    238.8 KB · Views: 9
What is battery monitor connecting to transfer switch? Dont think Ive seen that product. transfer switch should not need a power connection to the DC or even care about it. If you have shore power it switches to shore.

What is battery monitor connecting to transfer switch? Dont think Ive seen that product. transfer switch should not need a power connection to the DC or even care about it. If you have shore power it switches to shore.
Some inverter chargers with ATS rely on DC to operate the ATS contactors. (Loose battery voltage = no shore/grid power.

Back