diy solar

diy solar

Victor NM-3200-24 slow charging in SNU mode

SuB

Hello everybody!
I got this chinese inverter, I wanted to try it because I have problems with SMX-II.
This 'Victor" has a very strange charge behaviour when charging from solar and utility, looks like it can't reach the charging current configured (20A both 02 and 11 in the settings menu), it settled around 10A. From utility only it is charging perfectly at 20A. Another strange bug is the charging priority parameters. It has CUB option but I can't apply it, it goes back to SNU when I choose CUB (utility first). So if I want to charge quickly on a cloudy day I have to turn off the solar panels manually.

I live in Ukraine, we have 12-16 hour (5-6 hour long each) outages for a day and I have to charge back batteries quickly. On a sunny day it is ok because my panels can charge the batteries but when solar power is not enough and electricity came back it won't charge at 20A. For example solar power can charge the batteries at 4Amps and when the grid power came back the charge amps only reach 8-10Amps but if I turn off PV panels with the breaker it goes to 20A immediately. I tried to set 02 (charge current) or 11 (utility charge current) to higher number but looks like it has no effect on that, maybe if I set 11 to max it charges little bit more but not as it should.

The other inverter charging good in SNU mode in the same situation but that has other problems, another topic.

It would be great if someone can help me, maybe it's a firmware bug, this inverter is an Axpert VM II clone.

Back