diy solar

diy solar

Victron 100|30 controller, Bulk light flashing

wntrhwk

Hello, just noticed my controller Bulk light is blinking every 3 seconds. The manual states this happens when the controller is powered up but there is insufficent power to start charging. According to my app and shunt I am charging at over 300w. , battery voltage increasing as it should. Any idea why the error is being thrown or how to clear it? Thx for the help.

Do you have more than one charge controller in parallel?
Are the Absorption and Float lights doing anything, and if off, are you sure neither is nonfunctional?

Thx for the replies. Just one controller, no absorb or float lights on when the bulk is flashing. Also not using VE Smart.

No errors? 🤷‍♂️

The bulk light will flash every 4 seconds to indicate it is receiving data from some other device. But you said you aren't using the networking, so, I really don't know.

Hey Q-Dog, where did you read that the blinking indicates receiving data from another device. In the manual, section 7.1, is says this happens when the controller is powered up but there is insufficent power to start charging. Am I reading it incorrectly?

3 seconds is the error. 4 seconds is the networking data. I'm sure I would have to dig around to find it.

OK, found it in the monitoring section right under the part you mention.
IMG_5706.jpg

Last edited:
I downloaded the Victron Toolkit app. There are no less than 4 different meanings for the BULK LED blinking by itself, depending on context and rate of blinking. I would try downloading it and flip through all possible patterns until you find the one that best matches the exact blink rate you're seeing. Pretty neat app, but they really do try to communicate way too many things using just 3 LEDs.

Definately doing a single blink every 3 seconds, not 4. I will grap that toolkit app and check it out. Thx for all the advice.

Same issue...new controller...panel input before connecting...24v...after connecting, 12.9v. Charger off, since no 5v difference pv to batt. Why does input change when I connect??? Thanks for thoughts!!!

More info...2 240w panels...possibly one bad panel??? System has worked for 2 years, suddenly stopped...new controller, same issue.

Back