diy solar

diy solar

Victron Lynx + Chargeverter + 2 banks wiring question

millsan1

Solar Enthusiast
Current setup is an 18 KPV with 6 LifePower 4 batteries.

I recently received another 6 batteries and a Lynx Distributor from SS. Can't wait to get the cables I ordered, so I can hook this up (grrr....).

Anyway, I want to add a chargeverter to the mix.

My question is does it matter how I connect the 2 battery banks and the chargeverter to the Lynx?

i.e. there are 4 slots.

does it matter if I do:
Slot 1 Bank 1
Slot 2 Bank 2
Slot 3 Chargeverter
Slot 4

Or should I do:
Slot 1 Bank 1
Slot 2 Chargeverter
Slot 3 Bank 2
Slot 4

I ask because I obviously want to maintain balance between the two banks, and maybe the location of the chargeverter matters on the bus. I assume not, but figured I would bounce it off the smarter people.

My order was missing the cables. I spoke to someone today and they said they would try to get them out today, but I appreciate the offer.
Wonderful! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns!

I have a similar question, so rather than create a new thread I'll hijack this if you don't mind @millsan1?

I'm also waiting on a Chargeverter from Signature Solar. Given the Chargeverter has a built in breaker, would I be able to get away with connecting it to the end of my Lynx Distributor unfused as below?

I ask as I have another inverter/charger that I was planning to add to the last remaining two slots on the left hand side of the Lynx Shunt.

37C2F823-7EB8-407B-8AA1-20D59555611C 2.JPG

I have a similar question, so rather than create a new thread I'll hijack this if you don't mind @millsan1?

I'm also waiting on a Chargeverter from Signature Solar. Given the Chargeverter has a built in breaker, would I be able to get away with connecting it to the end of my Lynx Distributor unfused as below?

I ask as I have another inverter/charger that I was planning to add to the last remaining two slots on the left hand side of the Lynx Shunt.

View attachment 180252
Yes, no problem.

Back