diy solar

diy solar

Victron mppt smart solar voltage jump and 0-0.1A

maitreguard

Hello,

I'm using a Victron MPPT 75/15 with three 100W panels and a 100AH lithium battery. I've checked all wires and fuses multiple times, and everything appears to be in order. However, I'm experiencing fluctuations in the MPPT voltage, and I can't seem to get more than 0 to 0.1A output. To confirm, I tested the battery with a 10A lithium charger, and it charges properly and swiftly through different stages. I let the battery rest until it reached 13.33V, then retested it with the solar setup and MPPT, yet encountered the same output issue. I've used two different multimeters to test every wire, and the voltage is accurate across the battery, wires, and MPPT port. Despite this, the MPPT doesn't seem to register current or charge the battery. Could the BMS be blocking due to low current? Is it normal? I have attached a video of the mppt screen. Thank you for your assistance.

The MPPT algorithm will try different voltages to get the maximum amount of power. So seeing the panel voltage jump around a little bit is not unusual. However, that would normally happen while delivering a lot more amperage. I feel like maybe you have a bad connection to the solar panel, which can deliver a little bit of voltage, but almost no amps, and that is freaking out your charge controller a bit.

Try connecting just one panel at a time… if that goes well try two, then three again.

Hello,

I'm using a Victron MPPT 75/15 with three 100W panels and a 100AH lithium battery. I've checked all wires and fuses multiple times, and everything appears to be in order. However, I'm experiencing fluctuations in the MPPT voltage, and I can't seem to get more than 0 to 0.1A output. To confirm, I tested the battery with a 10A lithium charger, and it charges properly and swiftly through different stages. I let the battery rest until it reached 13.33V, then retested it with the solar setup and MPPT, yet encountered the same output issue. I've used two different multimeters to test every wire, and the voltage is accurate across the battery, wires, and MPPT port. Despite this, the MPPT doesn't seem to register current or charge the battery. Could the BMS be blocking due to low current? Is it normal? I have attached a video of the mppt screen. Thank you for your assistance.

If the BMS turns off, you would show no battery voltage at the CC.

The open circuit voltage shouldn't be jumping around like that.

You can test the CC by applying voltage to the solar input and see if it works normally.

If you have an amp meter, do a short circuit test of the panels at the charge controller and see what amperage you get.

BMS has entered protection and shut down the charge path. Due to the volt drop across the shutdown fets diodes you see a reduction in volts at the battery terminals. Over time the battery cells should become better balanced. Try a lower charge voltage.

If you load the battery with a significant DC load, it will reduce the cell volts below BMS recovery level.

The rapid changes in solar volts are due to the controller searching for maximum power, this is normal .

What charge settings are you using in the 75/15?

Back