diy solar

diy solar

Victron MPPTs in parallel, one in float the other in absorption...

Hi all quick question

I have just installed a second 150/70 victron smartsolar MPPT to my 48v system with 2 new panels facing south

Array 1 has 6x425w panels 2s3p
Array 2 has 2x425w panel 2s

They are both on the exact same charge settings and linked to eachother and to my bmv-712 shunt with VE. Networking

Agm batteries at 90%soc , one mppt is showing absorption and 2000w , the other is in float with 0w

If I isolate the big array (1) , then the little new one drops off float onto absorption and then reads over 700w

Is this all normal ? I thought once linked they would be in the same charge state and carry the load equally , has something gone wrong ? am I losing power ?

Last edited:
If the batt voltages is lower will both units go full out?

My only guess is this is part of the tail current and the units throttling back charge current due to high SOC.

If the batt voltages is lower will both units go full out?

My only guess is this is part of the tail current and the units throttling back charge current due to high SOC.

Problem SOLVED! I just unlinked and then relinked the problem mppt to the network , they are both holding the same state of charge now. Hopefully should be fine, we'll discharge the battery over night and see what happens tomorrow

Thanks for your help !

Back