diy solar

diy solar

Victron smart shunt diagram

Only if you want to measure your DC Inverter load. if that is the case, make sure you set the shunt up as a DC energy meter and not a battery monitor. If your desire is to have it be an actual Battery monitor, then place it between your battery and bus bar.

Only if you want to measure your DC Inverter load. if that is the case, make sure you set the shunt up as a DC energy meter and not a battery monitor. If your desire is to have it be an actual Battery monitor, then place it between your battery and bus bar.
i want to use it as a battery monitor for the whole bank.I have 12 batteries wired for 48v (4s3p). the three negative wires tie into a buss bar (same with the positive). so basicly my bussbar is the battery neg...correct? this would connect to the shunt "bat", the 2 invertrs would connect to the shut" load" or am i wrong

Are you using the pictured busbars for your distribution system too, or only to parallel the batteries together?

If nothing else is connected to the busbars but the batteries, and all your loads and charging sources connect on the right side of the shunt, it will work.

But if you connect any loads or charging sources directly to the busbars it will bypass the shunt and your SOC won't be accurate.

You are correct. I could not tell from the image you provided where the three negative wires were coming from or going to. You would be fine in this configuration as long as you don’t connect any other loads to the neg. bus bar. Also, make certain you don’t exceed the shunts amperage.

You are correct. I could not tell from the image you provided where the three negative wires were coming from or going to. You would be fine in this configuration as long as you don’t connect any other loads to the neg. bus bar. Also, make certain you don’t exceed the shunts amperage.
thanks.

Back