diy solar

diy solar

victron smartshunt

davy

Best,

I have a lifepo4 power queen 12V 200ah battery. I monitor this with a victron smartshunt. I have the impression that the smartshunt is different. I am adding 2 photos of my victron mppt and smartshunt. Can someone please tell me if the settings are wrong? I also asked this question to PowerQueen itself and they said it is acceptable, but the shunt continues to deviate. thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

• 1000006266.jpg
    1000006266.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 1000006265.jpg
    1000006265.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 18
Charged voltage is the voltage you need to reach for the shunt to reset to 100%. I would set it to be equal or slightly lower than your absoption voltage.

so the mppt absoption voltage set to 14.60V and the smartshunt charged voltage also set to 14.60V?.and the rest of the settings are ok?thank you very much

I would set absorption at 14.2 and fully charged at 14.16. There is very little capacity above that. I use 28.4 for absorption on my 24 volt system

As sugested by Q lower the charge volts. With 14.6 volts absorbtion its very likely the battery BMS will shutdown the charge path, perhaps causing voltage spikes in the system. Almost all 'off the shelf' batteries are unbalanced to some degree and need many charge cycles for the BMS to improve the situation. Powerqueen recomended a charge volts of 14.4 +/- 0.2, the lower setting 14.2 volts is a better option.
Note the battery will be fully charged, when modest charge currents are used, by the time the battery reaches 14.0 volts.
Suggest you use 14.2 absorbtion volts and 13.5 float volts ( Victron default values) , with a 30 minute absorbtion period.
Set the shunt 'full volts' 0.1 or 0.2 lower than absorbtion volts.

shunt continues to deviate.
How are you measuring this deviation? I don't think the Power Queen has Bluetooth access to the BMS.

Mike

thx for the tips.i have set the Victron default values,14.2 absorbtion and 13.5 float .the charged voltage in the smartshunt is set to 14.16 ( the app say 14.2) i hope this fix the issue .

As sugested by Q lower the charge volts. With 14.6 volts absorbtion its very likely the battery BMS will shutdown the charge path, perhaps causing voltage spikes in the system. Almost all 'off the shelf' batteries are unbalanced to some degree and need many charge cycles for the BMS to improve the situation. Powerqueen recomended a charge volts of 14.4 +/- 0.2, the lower setting 14.2 volts is a better option.
Note the battery will be fully charged, when modest charge currents are used, by the time the battery reaches 14.0 volts.
Suggest you use 14.2 absorbtion volts and 13.5 float volts ( Victron default values) , with a 30 minute absorbtion period.
Set the shunt 'full volts' 0.1 or 0.2 lower than absorbtion volts.

How are you measuring this deviation? I don't think the Power Queen has Bluetooth access to the BMS.

Mike
when the mppt is in abs the shunt say 80 or 90% so that is how i see that is not correct.

14.2 absorbtion and 13.5 float .the charged voltage in the smartshunt is set to 14.16 ( the app say 14.2) i hope this fix the issue .
The 'charged voltage' setting should be lower than the absorbtion voltage to reliably enable the sync to 100% SOC. With a 14.2 volt absorbtion set 'charged voltage' to 14.0 or 14.1.

Back