diy solar

diy solar

ESP32 + MCP2515 - no connection to inverter :-/

paprykos

Hi! If someone know anything about ESP32 and MCP2515 please tak a look at my video and tell me what I'm doing wrong (I bet that I messed up with wiring between ESP32 and MCP2515).I tried to establish connection between my DIY battery and inverter using Victron smartshunt following this thread

Acccording to what I can see in terminal window Simon code is working properly but I cant establish connection with my Solis inverter.

this is how I wired MCP2515
green cable INT GIOP22 36
yellow cable SCK GIOP18 30
orange cable SI GIOP23 37
red cable S0 GIOP19 31
brown cable CS GIOP0 25
black cable GND GND 14
white cable VCC VIN 5V 19

Attachments

• MCP2515.jpg
    MCP2515.jpg
    615 KB · Views: 3
Couple of thoughts - CAN Bus cable should be just blue + blue/white connections (blue to RS485A, blue/white to RS485B) IIRC.

Is your software configured to use Chip select (CS) on GIOP0 ?

What protocol / battery have you defined within the Solis? I used "user-defined", rather than "pylontech" - both should work, but @sijones2010 and I both had more success with user defined and disable PYLONTECH in code - see https://diysolarforum.com/threads/d...erter-integration-solis-etc.44750/post-638318

Your CS pin must be GPIO2 unless you change the line
#define CAN_CS_PIN 2 // CAN CS PIN
in config.h

The serial info should show if the CAN is detected, then will start showing if it's sending CAN messages and if it's successful or not. Make sure to be running it in full debug info by changing the line
build_flags = -DCORE_DEBUG_LEVEL=3 to 5
in the platformIO file.

Back