diy solar

diy solar

Victron VenusOS and temperature sensor

cdsolar

caduceus
I know Victron now supports the Ruuvi bluetooth temperature sensors in the Cerbo GX, but .. I installed VenusOS 2.9 on a pi4b and was able to get a digital thermometer DS18B20 recognized by the Venus GUI. I used the following git project:

The instructions there go up to VenusOS 2.8. For 2.9, I added the following issue:

Last edited:
I know Victron now supports the Ruuvi bluetooth temperature sensors in the Cerbo GX, but .. I installed VenusOS 2.9 on a pi4b and was able to get a digital thermometer DS18B20 recognized by the Venus GUI. I used the following git project:

The instructions there go up to VenusOS 2.8. For 2.9, I added the following issue:

Can you, or have you been able to add a relay or relay pack to your RPi and set some conditions like temp range to trigger relay open or close?

I currently use a BMV-712, which has temp and internal relay, have the VE-Direct plugged into RPi / Venus OS (mainly for the remote access in VRM), and on mine the BMV-712 actually handles all the logic to turn on/off its own relay to control a heater circuit (which keeps my batteries warm enough to solar charge).

However, I want to have more relays, to have more options available in the automation. I have tinkered with 3-relay and 8-relay packs for RPi w/ Raspbian in general (outside of Venus), but maybe you have more experience with Venus OS and setting conditions to control relays connected directly to the RPi?

Back