diy solar

diy solar

Victron VRM Portal Corrupted

SteveBrown

About a week ago I did a factory restore with a thumb drive for my Cerbo GX. I had locked myself out of Node-Red in the Cerbo and I did the restore to regain access to Node-Red. That part worked and I can now get into Node-Red. But the restore messed up my VRM Portal. I have tried everything I can come up with to fix the VRM.
#1 - This area used to show my Victron SmartShunt. I can't get my Shunt to show up anymore.
#2 - My battery temperature sensor used to show up here and it's gone. I still have 2 temperature sensors connected. The battery sensor is connected to my MultiPlus II and my Room sensor is connected to my Cerbo GX.
#3 - Now I have an extra Room temperature with a frozen reading from the day I did the restore on my Cerbo. I just want it gone. The new Room temperature is reading the correct temperature.
Any help with these VRM discrepancies would be greatly appreciated.
Screenshot 2023-12-28 Edit.png

Concerning #1 and #2, before I can answer, please confirm:

You want the MP II battery monitor as the primary battery monitor.
You do NOT want your smartshunt as the primary battery monitor.
Your primary temperature sensor is on the MP II. You have no other wired temp sensors.

#3: In your VRM device list, you should see duplicate sensors, one of which has not been seen for the "last updated" period. Delete this device.

Thank you for your reply.
#1 - I honestly don't know which is best. I originally selected "Automatic" for the primary battery monitor. I changed it to the SmartShunt thinking that would force the change on my VRM. That did not change anything that I could see. I think I want the MP II to be the primary battery monitor.
#2 - I have two temperature sensors connected. The one on the negative battery terminal is connected to the MP II. The other sensor for Room Temperature is connected to my Cerbo GX.
#3 - There is only one temperature sensor listed in my device list: "Room Temp".

Your VRM is showing the smartshunt as the primary battery monitor. The MP II in the box below is shown in an area where additional monitors are shown if specified to be shown. For me, my Batrium BMS is the primary monitor with my BMV and Quattro monitors shown in the bottom area.

1703862745728.png

IMHO, the battery monitor configuration you presented is preferred.

In the Cerbo console:
Enable DVCC
Enable SVS (shares the smartshunt voltage as the voltage value for all chargers/loads)
Enable SCS (shares the smartshunt current as the net battery current value for all chargers/loads)
Enable STS and specify the MP-II temperature sensor. Should show temperature in the desired location.

Also worth noting that the monitor-reported-temperature and the weather temperature do not update without a page reload.

I think I now have #1 and #2 Fixed. Thank you.
#3 is still a problem.
How can I provide a link to My VRM like you do on the forum signature?
I'm still very new to this solar stuff.
Thanks again for your help.

As far as #3 goes, if you click on the "device list" menu on the left side of your screen, do you see your old temperature sensor listed in the device list? If so, you should be able to click the little "plus" icon and then delete the old device from the list.

As far as #3 goes, if you click on the "device list" menu on the left side of your screen, do you see your old temperature sensor listed in the device list? If so, you should be able to click the little "plus" icon and then delete the old device from the list.
My device list only shows one temperature and it's the good "Room Temp" sensor. Thanks for your reply.

Well, leave it to dummy me. I was looking at the device list in the Remote Console. When I finally realized what you all were talking about, I clicked the "Device List" on my VRM and there it was. I deleted it and it's gone. Thanks so much for the help.

Well, leave it to dummy me. I was looking at the device list in the Remote Console. When I finally realized what you all were talking about, I clicked the "Device List" on my VRM and there it was. I deleted it and it's gone. Thanks so much for the help.

#3: In your VRM device list, you should see duplicate sensors, one of which has not been seen for the "last updated" period. Delete this device.

It helps to remember that VRM is the website. Once you engage Remote Console, you are no longer on VRM, but are connected to the Cerbo/GX device.

Back