diy solar

diy solar

Problems Setting up a Cerbo GX on a Raspberry Pi with MacBook Pro laptop

Also I never asked but does the mifi have an external antenna plug on it?

Some do and some don't.

does the mifi have an external antenna plug on it?
The first photo below is my Verizon MiFi hotspot, showing two black circles on each side of the charge port, which circles appear to be plugs. I tried to pop out the plugs with my fingernail, but the resistance was high. So i stopped. I did not want to dig out the plug unless needed, for fear of distorting the plug.

1700522282997.jpeg

This second photo below is a sample image I captured off the web, showing two cables inserted on each side of the charge port. Looks like my MiFi hotspot.

1700522470435.jpeg

Well odds are good there might be antenna plugs behind them. I'd leave them be for right now. I'd still get an antenna for it so get two of the antennas like originally planned. We can wing it from there :)

Below is what is in my Amazon shopping cart right now. Do I need to add anything else?
Note: the cart only contains two of the $15.99 antennas plus one $129.99 router.

1700522836405.png

I just noticed that if I add $3.02 to my cart I get free shipping. Maybe buy an ethernet cable long enough to go between the router and the PI? Like this ten ft long cable:

1700523494693.png

Looks good. Go for it !

Also what is the model number of the mifi?

The m2100 and m1000 lack antenna ports.

The 8800l and 7700l has ports.

I am going to wait a while before I place my order in case somebody chimes in with more stuff to buy.
If I do not hear back in a couple of hours, I will order tonight.

This is exciting stuff! :)

yes, mine is MiFi model 8800L
Then there ARE ports behind those covers according to this :

Also you need this too :

To connect the antenna to it.

That will solve the minimum order amount needed :)

Get an ethernet cable to since it will be needed to connect the pi to the router.

I just added one of these to the cart to plug into the MiFi hotspot:

1700525157990.png

Earlier you posted this configuration:

"Cab of truck phone using wifi connecting to >>> r7000 router <<< pi connected via ethernet cable."

The MiFi is not included in the above configuration. How doe the MiFi fit into the configuration?

Is the MiFi in the trailer or truck?

If this antenna adapter plugs into the MiFi hot spot, do the other gold colored ends plug into the router? If so, does the router have enough ports or do i need more stuff?

It will be set with internet access coming from wifi source aka the mifi.
So its like this

internet > mifi > wirelessly to r7000.

Once its in the r7000 anything connected to the r7000 like the person in the truck and the pi will have internet access.

Its also why if the mifi is off or doesn't have a signal everything local works just not the internet.

The gold adapters go on the end of the wires that are for the external antennas.

(external antenna's cable with sma connector)> (sma gold adapter cables you bought ts9 male plug) > (mifi antenna female ts9 hole)

Back