diy solar

diy solar

Victron what are my options for display/not having to use app to control it?

Smeeg

Looking at the Victron 150/45 what are my options for a display & controlling the device without having to use an app/phone ect?

Last edited:
MPPT Control.
And if you move up to the 150/60 you could use the SmartSolar Control that plugs onto the front.
There is a handy data sheet that shows all options.

Too bad the smaller victrons can’t use that front plug screen it looks a lot bigger/better & it’s cheaper

Too bad the smaller victrons can’t use that front plug screen it looks a lot bigger/better & it’s cheaper
Unless it's been discontinued, I have a Victron 150/45-tr with the front screen.

Unless it's been discontinued, I have a Victron 150/45-tr with the front screen.
It looks like there’s still some new old stock for sale but there also $160+ more than the non TR model

The SmartSolar Control display is a dedicated display for the following MPPT solar charger ranges:
• SmartSolar MPPT 150/45 up to 250/100
• SmartSolar MPPT 150/70 up to 250/100 VE.Can
• BlueSolar MPPT 150/70 up to 250/100 VE.Can
These solar chargers can also be recognised by a small plastic cover on the front face with the text "display option".

Screenshot_20231225-220910_Chrome~2.jpg

The SmartSolar Control display is a dedicated display for the following MPPT solar charger ranges:
• SmartSolar MPPT 150/45 up to 250/100
• SmartSolar MPPT 150/70 up to 250/100 VE.Can
• BlueSolar MPPT 150/70 up to 250/100 VE.Can
These solar chargers can also be recognised by a small plastic cover on the front face with the text "display option".

View attachment 185080
Anyone have a 150/45 TR for $218?

FYI they make multiple versions of a 150/45, one is a small frame that you cannot use the pluggable display with and one is a large frame that you can use a pluggable display with and my dealer had a really hard time getting me the right one.

FYI they make multiple versions of a 150/45, one is a small frame that you cannot use the pluggable display with and one is a large frame that you can use a pluggable display with and my dealer had a really hard time getting me the right one.
I can no longer find the version with the pluggable display and it is not listed on the current Victron charge controller data sheet.

Back