diy solar

diy solar

VictronConnect allow long term trending?

jaytee

I have a smart shunt connected to my battle born and using the VictronConnect app I can see trending of voltage and amperage however it only shows it for the small window in which I have the app open. Is there a way to maintain long term historical data such as 24 hrs so that i can tell if voltage ever drops below a particular threshold?

You can setup a Raspberry Pi running Victron’s VenusOS. Connect the SmartShunt to the RPi and setup VRM. Then you can see lots of historical data.

You could also set a low voltage alarm on the SmartShunt. Set it to your desired threshold and the alarm will go off if the voltage drops below the threshold for 10 seconds or more.

You can setup a Raspberry Pi running Victron’s VenusOS. Connect the SmartShunt to the RPi and setup VRM. Then you can see lots of historical data.
Interesting, although that reminds me - I have a Victron Color Control GX , does it have built in monitoring capability? The marketing on it implies it but it's unclear.

If you have a GX then you have what you need already, assuming your SmartShunt is connected to the GX. Setup VRM and WiFi and your data will be logged. You can configure how often the data is logged.

If you are willing to run beta code, I run it all the time, yes, the latest version in beta has long term trending...

VictronConnect 5.59 beta 1 has just been released and stored trends is back!
  • Stored trends requires a firmware update for supported products: SmartSolar, BMV-712, SmartShunt and Smart Battery Sense.
  • Orion Smart: Add firmware v1.08
  • VE.Can MPPTs: Add firmware v3.10
  • and more
For the full change log and download, visit:

We've been waiting a long time for this and it's still kind of touch and go but it's working fine for me, make sure to let it do the firmware updates to your devices and read the read me file.

Jennifer

Back