diy solar

diy solar

Voltage regulator/ charger

Lonesome Cowboy

Hi, new to forum. We live off grid in Wyoming and was just using generator, but bought 4 255 watt solar panels, and ordered charge controller on Amazon for panel out put to battery bank and it was supposed to be here in mid June, but now they say no idea when it can be shipped. So, I ordered a different one from a different company and was supposed to be delivered by the 6th, but now they too are postponing the ship date.

I want to know if where others are getting their voltage control panels. My solar panels are 32v no load 255 watts and I have a 12V battery bank of 8 deep cell batteries. I want to find something here in the US that won't break the bank and can have local support. Then I will try to cancel my orders for the other two.

Thank you

T

I want to know if where others are getting their voltage control panels. My solar panels are 32v no load 255 watts and I have a 12V battery bank of 8 deep cell batteries. I want to find something here in the US that won't break the bank and can have local support. Then I will try to cancel my orders for the other two.

Pretty sure you are talking about a solar charge controller.
You could try

I have had good experience with Bogart for battery monitors if that is what you bought but they are a rather small outfit. The main guy was very responsive to questions. Sometimes they probably get backlogged building stuff.

I have had good experience with them for battery monitors but they are a rather small outfit. The main guy was very responsive to questions. Sometimes they probably get backlogged building stuff.
Which one of the three are you referring to?
I'm guessing Bogart.

diy solar

diy solar
Back