diy solar

diy solar

Watchpower Issues

Solargrow

I have the Eg4 6500 and it's been issue after issue with this thing, including this terrible app. I guess I'm spoiled by Shinephone but this Watchpower seems to lack basic information.
How do I see how much power is being drawn from the grid? It shows voltage and frequency but these values are basically worthless to me. Why wouldn't they show the grid current or wattage?
How do I know how much pv power is going to the load? I think it shows me how much is being used to charge the battery but what about the rest?
Is there a way to just see the basic output breakdown? If I'm pushing 2500 watts, I have no idea where it's all coming from. How much is coming from the grid, how much from solar and how much from the batteries? I love that I can pull up my Shinephone app and see what my Growatt was doing all night. I can see how much power was used and if it ever pulls from the grid.
Last question... Can I just use another app? This thing is so clunky and user unfriendly it just causes me frustration.
Thanks all ?

Can't get the Watchpower app to connect to my 6500. I keep getting the attached error message. Any advice?Screenshot_20230121_145636_WatchPower.jpg

If you want accurate, up to date information, dump WatchPower and use Solar Assistant. I think Wachpower only updates it’s data every 10 minutes or so.

Solar Assistant Overview

Back