diy solar

diy solar

Battery capacity not consistent

Shoe

Happy Easter to everyone!! I don’t know if this is the appropriate area or in the battery section, so mods please move if needed.
System overall set up is sub panel that has no grid feed, PV panels to a 48V charger/inverter that provides power to the standalone sub panel and 40 12V 94 ah batteries, wired in parallel/series. Batteries are connected to bus bars to get one positive and negative cable going to the charger/inverter. Charger/inverter is a Sungold Power SP6548 and I use the WatchPower app for remote monitoring and I also have an external battery shunt with a LCD display monitor that I can set the amp hours. The shunt vs the onboard display on the charger/inverter vs the WatchPower app are all different in relation to the battery bank.

This system has been running since around the beginning of March because I was waiting in the correct wire sizes, lugs, breakers, etc. to install everything correctly.

I can post any pictures or screenshots to help if there are any questions.

Soooo, my problems are:
-I am getting really bad input readings on the WatchPower app about battery capacity and SOC. Anyone have an alternative for remote monitoring?

-I am getting widely different SOC readings from the battery shunt, charger/inverter, and app. I have now assumed whatever readings I get are inaccurate which is frustrating because I don’t know how much available power I actually have (to run 4 mini splits off of the sub panel). Does anyone have a suggestion for a correct reading in capacity or SOC?

-Are my battery settings wrong in either the charger/inverter or WatchPower app because even on full sun days, I can still get low battery alarms. Or should I continue to tweak my battery settings of voltage for charging and float?

I would appreciate any feedback because, to me, I am under the assumption that I have enough storage and capacity to not worry about running the mini splits. Thank you!

4S10P battery bank is going to be a challenge.

Lead acid? LFP?

Picture of the battery bank with all connections visible. Include location of shunt.

We can't tell you if your battery settings are wrong since you haven't included them.

Back