diy solar

diy solar

Turn on LED Display on LV6548

jibberishballr

Hi there,

I've had ongoing issues with my Lv6548 since I bought it and have had to "patch" the correct serial numbers to make the unit work. MPP suggested this could mean a part was swapped, but I haven't swapped anything since I bought it new. Every time I apply a fix, it works for a few months and then I'm back to tech support to fix it. I turned the LED display off intentionally (to avoid it being a bright light at night) but last night something happened and both SolarAssistant and Watchpower don't "see" the inverters anymore. The units both appear to be running and I can monitor battery voltage from my BMS. I just can't manage my system now.

Is there a way to turn the LED Display back on while it's off without being able to use SolarAssistant or Watchpower? Looking for a workaround to at least be able to look at what the inverter is reading (e.g. any faults, settings changed, etc.).

Thanks in advance!

I too am experiencing an LCD issue on the LV6548 remote. All LEDs and solar functions work as normal. I'm connected to a Big Battery, 8 solar panels and line power. The LCD display will display when first powered up, but turns off in about a minute. This makes it impossible to change parameters. The Watchpower is working correctly connected to my laptop. I've been back and forth with ShopSolarKits and MPP Solar. Finally, MPP solar (under warranty) is going to send me "LV6548 Display LCD PCB" and "LV6548 Remote PCB". They have not arrived yet so I cannot speak if this resolves this issue. When you say you turned off your LED display, I assume you mean LCD. The LCD has all of the written information. The LEDs are the little red and green lights on the remote.

Hi there,

I've had ongoing issues with my Lv6548 since I bought it and have had to "patch" the correct serial numbers to make the unit work. MPP suggested this could mean a part was swapped, but I haven't swapped anything since I bought it new. Every time I apply a fix, it works for a few months and then I'm back to tech support to fix it. I turned the LED display off intentionally (to avoid it being a bright light at night) but last night something happened and both SolarAssistant and Watchpower don't "see" the inverters anymore. The units both appear to be running and I can monitor battery voltage from my BMS. I just can't manage my system now.

Is there a way to turn the LED Display back on while it's off without being able to use SolarAssistant or Watchpower? Looking for a workaround to at least be able to look at what the inverter is reading (e.g. any faults, settings changed, etc.).

Thanks in advance!
Did you find what the problem was? Mine is doing it now.

Back