diy solar

diy solar

Weize 100ah going crazy after 1 1/2 years.

I am back. Yeah without a doubt on the garbage. Hopefully tommorrow I will have sun and it will go back to 14.4 like it always has. I received my dc to dc 40amp today and install tomorrow. My mind was not working right on that 13.5. Thanks for waking up my head on that.

Even if you fixed an issue with a bad breaker, charging that aggressively (40a) won’t help an out of balance battery and your SOC may still suffer.

Keep an eye on the battery terminal voltage and try and keep 13.8v on it for hours at a time, this will prob require low low current say <5a to try as it brings the cells back into balance.

Hey there. So I haven't used the 40 amp yet. I charged it with my panels and controller. Mostly around 10 to 12 amps. It came up to 14.4 and then I start to discharge at 4 to 6 amps. 15 minutes of every hour. 12v fridge and a couple lights. First impression is that it wants to sit at 13.2-13.4 for a long time. Not 13.8. But I have to hook up my new AOLITHIUM 100AH so I can leave the weize alone to get a better idea what it is doing. I will keep you posted. I was going to buy 2 AOlithiums but they canceled #2 citing lack of inventory. Do you know if the non bluetooth versions have the same build quality or not? Any info. appreciated

Add a smart shunt to your wish list it’s great tracing what’s going in and what’s going out, and should work with any sort of battery combo you have.

Add a smart shunt to your wish list it’s great tracing what’s going in and what’s going out, and should work with any sort of battery combo you have.
Is buying a victron 500amp S.SHUNT necessary or is one of the other good brands just as functional and reliable? I know to steer clear of 39.95 amazon models.

Is buying a victron 500amp S.SHUNT necessary or is one of the other good brands just as functional and reliable? I know to steer clear of 39.95 amazon models.
I have the Victron shunt and its been working great.Btw my AmpereTime/LiTime manuals say to charge the 100ah batteries with 20 amps,the 200ah with 40.Since they are in separate banks and connected in parallel,they can be charged with as many amps as the SCCs can provide.

The victron smart shunt is what I have on mine. Well worth the money.

I also have one setup with the renogy shunt and display package and it works pretty good too.

A shunt is the only way your ever going to really know how charged the batteries really are.

Thanks for this info. The AOlithium bms has everything a smartphone has so I have to get one for the weize. I see a victron knockoff from fusion energy systems that appears on closer inspection as an actual copy or rebranding of the victron. All the components on the shunt are identical to the victron. 70.00, 130.00 for victron.

Thanks for this info. The AOlithium bms has everything a smartphone has so I have to get one for the weize. I see a victron knockoff from fusion energy systems that appears on closer inspection as an actual copy or rebranding of the victron. All the components on the shunt are identical to the victron. 70.00, 130.00 for victron.
Smart shunt not cell phone

No it isn't the same. The real victron shunt will work with solar assistant. The knock off doesn't. The ve connector doesn't work on the knockoff which the company admits.

No it isn't the same. The real victron shunt will work with solar assistant. The knock off doesn't. The ve connector doesn't work on the knockoff which the company admits.
Well, thanks for that I am a little impulsive and was just about to order it. I need to slow myself down and ask questions.

Well, thanks for that I am a little impulsive and was just about to order it. I need to slow myself down and ask questions.
I almost did the same thing. The sole purpose of the victron shunts was to work with solar assistant so I made sure it was compatible but it wasn't. All for saving a buck if I can. At the time the victron shunt was a good but more expensive than it is now and I could of had 2 of the knock offs for the price of on victron. Real shame the port doesn't work on the knock off.

A smart shunt should be used for the entire battery bank, the if you have info via BT on each battery you can track how each one behaves and if any troubles arise.

A smart shunt should be used for the entire battery bank, the if you have info via BT on each battery you can track how each one behaves and if any troubles arise.
I have 14.2 volts on the weize not in use. I am on the lead bank. Charging the new aolithium. The weize has been sitting for 2 hours on 14.2 by itself. Is it balancing as it sits? The aolithium is at 13.65 volts and says 30%. Isn't that a low percentage for that voltage? This is what I haven't understood yet?

Back