diy solar

diy solar

What happened?

hobodoc1954

my system is 3-250 watt panels, 60 amp MPPT controller 4000 watt pure sine inverter and 6 12v 100 amp li Ion batteries. Had it working for about 1 week. Vacuum with a small hand held 120 volt vacuum and the system shut down and will not restart. fuses are intact, on off switch works, any suggestions helpful and thank you in advance.

hobodoc1954

PDF of my solar install

Attachments

• my solar.pdf
    22.1 KB · Views: 17
do you have a volt meter? check the voltage of each battery individually. you list them as Li ion batteries, they are probably Lithium Iron phosphate but potatoes potatoes, regardless this means they have (or should have) a BMS of some sort in the battery case.

chances are your charge parameters were not correct and the internal BMS's of the individual batteries shut down. (overcharge, undercharge, unbalanced) worse than that they might not be capable of being wired in parallel and the BMS's are fighting each other as a result.

I DO NOT CARE WHAT THE SELLER SAYS, NOR DO I CARE ABOUT WHAT LITERATURE CAME WITH THE BATTERIES

Sorry, had to make that clear, the sellers lie to get the sale, the US importers lie to get the sales. many of the cheaper lithium 12 volt batteries cannot work in parallel or series.

so measure each battery's voltage and get back with the forum.

also come back with actual links to what you bought. another thing, 4kw at 12 volts? 2kw is pretty much the max for 12 volts in all reality. at 2000 watts most inverters will pull over 200 amps to make that 2000 watts. you would need around 450-500 amps to actually make 4kw. as such you might have drawn more than the combined BMS's could output, there by shutting them down due to overcurrent.

Know thy equipment, study Ohms law, it will set you free ;)

How are your batteries wired up? Have you any data, charge current, battery volts?
As a first step test each battery seperatly for the ability to charge and discharge.
Wiring batteries in parallel,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240104-231107_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240104-231107_Drive.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 1
do you have a volt meter? check the voltage of each battery individually. you list them as Li ion batteries, they are probably Lithium Iron phosphate but potatoes potatoes, regardless this means they have (or should have) a BMS of some sort in the battery case.

chances are your charge parameters were not correct and the internal BMS's of the individual batteries shut down. (overcharge, undercharge, unbalanced) worse than that they might not be capable of being wired in parallel and the BMS's are fighting each other as a result.

I DO NOT CARE WHAT THE SELLER SAYS, NOR DO I CARE ABOUT WHAT LITERATURE CAME WITH THE BATTERIES

Sorry, had to make that clear, the sellers lie to get the sale, the US importers lie to get the sales. many of the cheaper lithium 12 volt batteries cannot work in parallel or series.

so measure each battery's voltage and get back with the forum.

also come back with actual links to what you bought. another thing, 4kw at 12 volts? 2kw is pretty much the max for 12 volts in all reality. at 2000 watts most inverters will pull over 200 amps to make that 2000 watts. you would need around 450-500 amps to actually make 4kw. as such you might have drawn more than the combined BMS's could output, there by shutting them down due to overcurrent.

Know thy equipment, study Ohms law, it will set you free ;)
I agree.
It can be out balance.
The battery do not see bms from the other battery.
Thare is a solution for it .
Victron do have one for it a balancer

Normal you do not need it .

diy solar

diy solar
Back