diy solar

diy solar

What is the minimum low-voltage shutoff for Victron Multiplus II 2x 24v?

SteveDeFacto

I've been running 2x 24v Growatts for over a year and the Minimum voltage shutoff couldn't be set lower than 21v. I'm using tesla battery modules so this gave me a fraction of their full capacity which can go down as low as 18v.

Recently, the solar charge controllers in both of my Growatts stopped working so I bought a Victron MPPT Charge Controller and I am absolutely smitten with it!

I swapped out the Growatts for a cheap inverter with a minimum voltage shutoff hard set to 20v and this 1 volt difference has been an absolute game changer for me and I can't go back to the 21v shutoff!

I want to buy a Victron Multiplus II 2x 24v but they are very expensive so I want to make sure I'm not limited to a low voltage shutoff of 21v again before I splurge. I'm having a hard time finding the minimum configurable low-voltage shutoff for the 24v model. Does anyone know what it is?

I've been running 2x 24v Growatts for over a year and the Minimum voltage shutoff couldn't be set lower than 21v. I'm using tesla battery modules so this gave me a fraction of their full capacity which can go down as low as 18v.

Recently, the solar charge controllers in both of my Growatts stopped working so I bought a Victron MPPT Charge Controller and I am absolutely smitten with it!

I swapped out the Growatts for a cheap inverter with a minimum voltage shutoff hard set to 20v and this 1 volt difference has been an absolute game changer for me and I can't go back to the 21v shutoff!

I want to buy a Victron Multiplus II 2x 24v but they are very expensive so I want to make sure I'm not limited to a low voltage shutoff of 21v again before I splurge. I'm having a hard time finding the minimum configurable low-voltage shutoff for the 24v model. Does anyone know what it is?
The spec sheet shows a 19-33vdc input range for the 24/3000 multiplus-II. So, I'm guessing it can't go lower than 19vdc. I could certainly be wrong though.

Excellent! 19v should be sufficient for my needs!
You will have to configure it for 19v shutoff though using whatever tools necessary for a Victron Multiplus II. It doesn't come at 19v by default .. that I can tell.

Back