diy solar

diy solar

What should I do with my solar on the side input?

corn18

Village Idiot
I have a Furrion plug on the side of my 5er. It was just a pair of 14ga wires running through a 10A fuse hooked directly to the batteries. I disconnected it (cut and removed the wires and fuse) when I did my solar install. I am never going to use it because I do not have space to lug around portable panels. I don't like having it hooked to nothing (OCD), so I am thinking about what to do with it, probably for the next owner.

Maybe I can just run 10ga wire from the plug to the new battery compartment with a 30A fuse near the plug. Then just stow the cables out of the way. Or just leave it.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited:
I just added a 12v supply port to my trailer. I need 12v power on the outside of my trailer, mainly for my water transfer pump. But I could also use it to jump start my side-by-side or use it for a string of 12v LED lights. I have dual pole 32 amp circuit breaker on the inside of the trailer so I can control if there is power to the port or not.

The easiest thing to do is just tape off the wires on the inside and call it a day.

Back