diy solar

diy solar

When you aren't using your Lifepo4 battery what SOC are you aiming for? (Can I set the upper limit in a 6000xp?)

NorthShoreOahu

I have the eg4 6000xp inverter and the 14kwh battery from eg4.

For the first time in a while I haven't need to charge my ev overnight so the battery is sitting at 100 percent.

Does everyone here keep their Lifepo4 batteries at 100%? I've been digging around in the manuals and haven't discovered any setting for upper charge limiting. I found the low end limiter and set that to 10%.

I have the eg4 6000xp inverter and the 14kwh battery from eg4.

For the first time in a while I haven't need to charge my ev overnight so the battery is sitting at 100 percent.

Does everyone here keep their Lifepo4 batteries at 100%? I've been digging around in the manuals and haven't discovered any setting for upper charge limiting. I found the low end limiter and set that to 10%.
Eve cell manufacturer recommends 30 to 40% SOC for long term storage of lipo4 batteries

I charge my batteries to 100% every day (weather permitting).
And that's where I store them too.

By God, sounds like a bit of John Wayne thinkin goin on here.👍
Thanks Pilgrim….
I'm not alone.
There's no reason to store at a low SOC, unless you are shipping them commercially.
I Think I even remember Will doing a video on it.

I'm not alone.
There's no reason to store at a low SOC, unless you are shipping them commercially.
I Think I even remember Will doing a video on it.
If they’re being used and worked I dont care ….

If off or being stored I dont worry about it unless it’s hot..like a 90 to 100 ambient ,,,,,then a moderate reduced Soc ..never a low Soc.
thst was what the manufacturer suggested in their videos.

but if I didn’t , they are still Gona outlive me.

J.

diy solar

diy solar
Back