diy solar

diy solar

Where are the Victron Easy Solar all in one Inverter systems for RV’s

Rocksnsalt

Solar Enthusiast
Happened upon this yesterday.
Where are these in 12v/3000w /120ac for vans and rv’s?

Last edited:
Looking through the spec sheets it looks like they are 230vAc units at 50hz. Thus designed for the European market.

Looking through the spec sheets it looks like they are 230vAc units at 50hz. Thus designed for the European market.
I realize they are not made for RV’s and apparantly NA. Wondering why they don’t make suitable versions for NA and RV’s. Victron certainly has the ability, as do others.
Perhaps it because it’s more profitable to sell us individual components.

Last edited:
None of the all-in-one companies seem to want the RV market.. I have been looking at the Sigineer, MPP and Growatt offerings for my 48v/120v system I am building for my RV.

I think that Victron has lots of people clamoring for their hardware and so they perceive no need to target the RV market. I would expect one of the above or others to eventually wake up and target the RVs.

Vibration is a HUGE issue in my mind, and perhaps these Cos have considered this.

not sure they are really suited to RVs anyway , surely separates are a better way , better use of the space , The other thing is that electrical codes are different from boat RV and house markets so its hard for Victron to cover that in a " one-for-all" never mind both sides of the pond

not sure they are really suited to RVs anyway , surely separates are a better way , better use of the space ,
Surely separates are, but they are also much much more expensive.
As for effective use of space.. I would argue that point. See my post( still working on it) in a bit..

Surely separates are, but they are also much much more expensive.
As for effective use of space.. I would argue that point. See my post( still working on it) in a bit..
sure its a call anyway , but as I said hard to do " all-in-ones" across say boatys , RV and homes as all have "code" conformance issues and then add in 230V versus 110VAc and you have many product variants

Looking at the Growatt and EG4 all in ones just seems like a natural product line for RVs.
Plug and play 3000w 12V please.

Kind of like building your own batteries is not really that cost-effective right now as @willprowse mentioned a while back.
All in ones just make a lot of sense, cost AND space wise. Sure some may need to have everything in a different space form, fine- diy it.

Don’t worry hardcore purists…
you’ll still be able to diy all you want.

Kind of like building your own batteries is not really that cost-effective right now as @willprowse mentioned a while back.
I dunno...
I am building my battery ( see other post) and it is going to cost less than $3k (cells, BMS, case & hardware)... a 16s 280Ah that nets 13440Wh ( or more depending on how you measure) and I am using A cells from US stock ( Docan) that I bought in March '22

EG has a 100Ah 48 volt rack batt at $1449 each.. doing math that is $4057.. so it is closer than it has been, but I am saving $1k

YMMV IANAL

I dunno...
I am building my battery ( see other post) and it is going to cost less than $3k (cells, BMS, case & hardware)... a 16s 280Ah that nets 13440Wh ( or more depending on how you measure) and I am using A cells from US stock ( Docan) that I bought in March '22

EG has a 100Ah 48 volt rack batt at $1449 each.. doing math that is $4057.. so it is closer than it has been, but I am saving $1k

YMMV IANAL
Awesome, good luck!

diy solar

diy solar
Back