diy solar

diy solar

Where exactly should I hook up my EV charger if I have Tesla Powerwall and Tesla Panels

msears1121

Newbie question. I have a Tesla System with Powerwall. When I hook up my JiuceBox for my Mach e, should I hook it directly into the Main, or into the Powerwall. Not sure I know which is best. Thanks in advnace

When I hook up my JiuceBox for my Mach e, should I hook it directly into the Main, or into the Powerwall.
I agree with @time2roll that you want to connect it to your main panel. The Powewall was probably not configured for that load. Also you do not want to wear out your Powerwall by charging another battery. You can still use available solar during the day to charge your EV.

If you're going to do Level 2 charging at home, that's over 11kW, 48A at 240V. Don't try to run that off your Powerwall. It doesn't even make sense in the slightest. I guarantee in a power-out situation, you'll save time driving to the nearest fast charge station to top up your car, which has a battery 10 times larger than your Powerwall and would take days to charge from your solar.

Back