diy solar

diy solar

Where is the FIRMWARE UPDATE for the EG4-LL V1, 48-volt ???

z_zk_z

I am trying to get the EG4-LL V1 batteries to talk to Victron equipment but I cannot locate the firmware update on the eg4electronics website. THANKS...

We are working on getting v1 battery firmware on the website. Let me see if I can find what you are looking for in the meantime. If I can, then I will leave a link here for others to use as well.

Hello.

Hope everyone is well. I am also looking for the EG4-LL V1 Firmware and Firmware Updater to get them working with Sol-Ark 12kW through BMS.
Thanks for the reminder. My notifications fill up so quickly that it can be hard to keep track of what needs to be done.

Here is some V1 firmware that should work for you.

This firmware added the LuxPower protocol to our LL v1, but it should also have everything else too. Sol-Ark, Schneider, etc. Let me know if this works for you. If not, please tag me, DM me, whatever. Just get with me so I can get you the right one.

EG4-LL v1 firmware

Thanks for the reminder. My notifications fill up so quickly that it can be hard to keep track of what needs to be done.

Here is some V1 firmware that should work for you.

This firmware added the LuxPower protocol to our LL v1, but it should also have everything else too. Sol-Ark, Schneider, etc. Let me know if this works for you. If not, please tag me, DM me, whatever. Just get with me so I can get you the right one.

EG4-LL v1 firmware
Nice thank you! I am going with try updating today! I have the special cable from Amazon already.

Oh nice! I'm working on testing cables from Amazon right now too, so I'm curious if the cable you have works, and if so, which one you bought.

Let me know if you run into any problems!

Hi @EG4_Jarrett.

Ok. I am just getting into things now. I have two pics attached.

I already had a USB cable that I used to update EG4 communications hub and LifePower4 batteries Early last year with no issue. It uses the orange pair only (pin1 and pin2).

Will this work since I am only using the RS485 to update the firmware on the EG4-LL V1 to batteries?

I will use a standard CAT cable when connecting the EG4-LL V1 x 2 batteries to the Sol-Ark via CAN Bus.

Or is it best that I use the DTECH and connect the RS485-B, RS485-A, CAN High and CAN Low wires?
1000178560.jpg1000178561.jpg

Hi @EG4_Jarrett.

I already had a USB cable that I used to update EG4 communications hub and LifePower4 batteries Early last year with no issue. It uses the orange pair only (pin1 and pin2).

Will this work since I am only using the RS485 to update the firmware on the EG4-LL V1 to batteries?

I will use a standard CAT cable when connecting the EG4-LL V1 x 2 batteries to the Sol-Ark via CAN Bus.

Or is it best that I use the DTECH and connect the RS485-B, RS485-A, CAN High and CAN Low wires?
View attachment 186757View attachment 186758

Hi @EG4_Jarrett,

Just an update, the DTECH is required as previously noted in other communication. The updater app for the EG4-LL V1 will not even show the COM port unless the DTECH is used.

Hi @EG4_Jarrett.

Yes, the DTech cable is necessary. On your normal everyday ethernet cable, the Orange wire will connect to T/R-, and the Orange White wire will connect to T/R+. Meaning that RS485 B (Pin 1) will connect to T/R- and RS485 A (Pin 2) will connect to T/R+.

Back