diy solar

diy solar

Where to buy racking

The S5s mount to the roof and lift the panel over the ribs. The ribs are not flat profile so the mini Rails could not mount there
Don't the mini rails mount to the high point of the ribs?

Yes but My ribs don't have the flat spots on top.

My point here is, the mini rail and hardware avoid freight costs.
Oh I get it now. So you might the mini rail to the s5 bracket? Doesnt s5 have a direct attach kit?

I had a Gexpro branch in the area.
They delivered my racking, no shipping charge.
Gexpro sells many different brands, I used SnapNrack.
roofrailsinplace copy.jpg

I had a Gexpro branch in the area.
They delivered my racking, no shipping charge.
Gexpro sells many different brands, I used SnapNrack.
View attachment 151662
That's nice

I asked for a quote from Greentech Renewables and got this response:

"Thank you for reaching out. Greentech Renewables is no longer servicing DIY leads in your area. I have sent your information to our partner, Tandem Solar. They can help you out with all of your solar needs!"

I reached out to Tandem and they can ship the 7' Pegasus rails.
I got the same reply when I reached out to them.

I'm trying to find racking for my installation, but I can't find anyone local that will sell to me, they only sell to contractors and shipping is too expensive to buy online. I was initially looking at IronRidge XR100, but I'm open to options if I can acquire them. I'm in WA, thanks.
Were you able to get any IronRidge product elsewhere, I mean cheaper?

I'm happy with my Tamarack.
Hint - buy the 7' rails, they don't need freight shipping.
I found it cheaper to piece my kit together rather than buy the 'kit', it also had items I didn't need.

Same here, catch a NAZ sale and save a bit more.

I asked for a quote from Greentech Renewables and got this response:

"Thank you for reaching out. Greentech Renewables is no longer servicing DIY leads in your area. I have sent your information to our partner, Tandem Solar. They can help you out with all of your solar needs!"

I reached out to Tandem and they can ship the 7' Pegasus rails.
I had some business cards made up with the name of a construction company I made up. When I call places like that I tell them I'm a contractor, no one has ever challenged me. Of course if you're totally a novice and can't talk convincing contactor mumbo jumbo they'll probably balk.

I found that my local Platt dealer was willing to sell to me.

Platt delivered my rails three days ago. The price was very good, a lot lower then the price listed in their website, and Platt delivered to the house for free.

I'm trying to find racking for my installation, but I can't find anyone local that will sell to me, they only sell to contractors and shipping is too expensive to buy online. I was initially looking at IronRidge XR100, but I'm open to options if I can acquire them. I'm in WA, thanks.
I know a guy who can build awesome racking

Back