diy solar

diy solar

Where to Connect Victron 100v/50A Scc battery terminals?

12kw_2021

Is there any reason why I cannot just take the 50A 12V battery charge output of the Victron and connect the +- 6Awg wires (about 3 feet long ) directly from the Victron Scc, to the 12V 2/0 cable posts on the Xantrex inverter?

There is an 80A DC circuit breaker on the + cable departing the SCC, and I can just make that a longer run and go about 5 or 6 feet to the different compartment that the 560Ah LifeP04 batteries are stored in, but it would be easier to just connect the charge current from the SCC directly to the terminals on the inverter, in the same storage container.

I have read that it doesn't matter how many different charge sources you have (Alternator, Invertor/Charger, Solar Charger) as long as the charge sources can sense when to turn off and not overcharge the battery.

Is connecting the SCC charge output directly on the large 2/0 battery cable posts on the inverter going to confuse anything?

In theory if the battery is a low charge , and it is high noon on a very sunny day I could see 80+50A (130A total) charging my 2 280Ah LifeP04 batteries with 200A JBD BMS controllers.

In my case I have three independent charge sources on the RV,

1.0 Shore power through the Xantrex Inverter/charger (Max 80A) ,
2.0 Charge current from the vehicle alternator, limited to 40A when vehicle is running
3.0 Upgraded 800w of PV 2s2p feeding the Victron Solar charge controller with maximum of 50A of battery current if PV is perfect at noon.

I searched for an answer, and since the question where exactly to connect the SCC charge output is so specific I was unable to find an answer, thanks in advance for any/all feedback.

Back