diy solar

diy solar

Which are Better and Why ?

someone else should just copy the PL 8 and make a new charger - that would be great - all i know is using one does an excellent job - fast simple and perfect balance - the first step is getting matched cells which is harder to find than you would think - i am considering docan power for my next set - they claim Grade A +

someone else should just copy the PL 8 and make a new charger - that would be great - all i know is using one does an excellent job - fast simple and perfect balance - the first step is getting matched cells which is harder to find than you would think - i am considering docan power for my next set - they claim Grade A +
To the best of my knowledge there is no "A+".
"A+" means whatever Docan claims it means.
I wouldn't even count on a consistent definition from Docan.

Last edited:
i though everyone on here was more or less using Docan Power as there main source for quality cells - reason i came here to find out more since you guys here seem to use alot of cells -

The whole swelling issue might be a problem when you try to assemble the cells into the chair - robbing you of valuable capacity space! :)

Motion issues come into play. Your choice of busbar cabling might be better off with small flexible jumpers instead. Compress cells snugly, but don't go bananas, and put a piece of fiberboard between the cells and underneath. Be safe.

Investigate the use of nylocks that have never been backed out. Some use loctite. No star washers or other compressibles. Just pure flat sweet clean connections with the proper torque. Important when you put the hammer down.

Last edited:
i never had an issue so far - i dont use buss bars - i do use cables instead - and use a sheet of silicone in between each cell - and do use nylocks for the screws - i learned as i went along - making mistakes of course and redoing better each time - buss bars would make it easier to make and cleaner look - i see new flexable kind of buss bars that have some give - that may be fine also now - over the years close to a decade now - i managed half dozen packs give or take - a few for friends also - by no means an expert - can always learn and always have questions -

Well search around here and you'll find other vendors. 18650 battery store with Eve's seems to be ok with many. (Although at first I ignored them because of the name).

There are a few others. Make sure the cells will actually FIT! Measure.

yes thats a big deal - is the size - 230ah cells are the max that can fit and those are what i am shooting for - 8S 24V

is there a section here with all different sellers vendors that have been used before with feedback on there experiences ?

Back