diy solar

diy solar

Which battery should I use for 24V system?

dsilver

I have been looking at Will's suggested cells to build a 24V battery bank.

Which one should I get? I understand in building a battery I should use the largest individual cell for a more stable battery. I want new cells that I can connect to a 8s 100AMP BMS. Current plan is 8 200AH cells in series to 24V.

I had planned to by these:

3.2 200AH Then Will updated his suggested list and they were not there anymore. (anyone know why?)

Currently he has this listed as his preferred:

Calb 3.2 100AH
3.2 Alumin 190AH
and
Fortune 3.2 100Ah

I love the Fortune 100AH but can't find any in larger AH variations. The Fortune can power very large loads it seems. How would the 200AH, Calb 100AH, and the Aluminum 190AH compare on load carrying capacity?

From what I can see it seems they would be in this order of load capacity from highest to lowest are:
1. Fortune
2. 3.2 200AH
3. Calb 3.1 100Ah
4. 3..2 Alumin 190AH

I will be using them in a cargo trailer conversion (travel trailer) on a 1095 solar array connected to a 24 V 3000k Multiplus inverter.

Please let me know how each of them fair.

Which would you go with? Why?

Thanks for the input!

Some current chatter about this here:

One of the best deals going right now that many of us are buying are the Grade-A 280AH cells manufactured by Eve and sold by Xuba Electronics.

xuba-280x8_to_usa.JPG

They also have 105AH ($35 ea) and 152AH ($44 ea)

Two long threads on these

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review

One of the best deals going right now that many of us are buying are the Grade-A 280AH cells manufactured by Eve and sold by Xuba Electronics.

View attachment 8724

They also have 105AH ($35 ea) and 152AH ($44 ea)

Two long threads on these

Xuba Electronics: DEAL - 280AH LiFePo4 cells. Purchase & Review
@Steve_S you weren't kidding. That first thread was a read! Thanks! I read through them and went with the first, Grade-A 280AH cells manufactured by Eve and sold by Xuba Electronics. The sticky on how to order was perfect. Working with Amy was easy as a result! Ordered mine last night! 1080.36 for air freight on 8 pieces with bolts and bus bars. So excited!

diy solar

diy solar
Back