diy solar

diy solar

Which does the EcoFlow Delta PRO handlebetter - overvoltage or overcurrent?

GoetzSaCebu

The Delta Pro's specs say 11-150V and up to 15A solar input.

Now I would like to get 3pcs 540W panels and put them in series - but they have a OpenCircuit Voltage of 49.9V.
This would only very little under the 150V limit but still inside the 15A.

Lesser W panelswould be 465 or 450W so if I only get 3 then I loose input.
And Idont really want to go with many morepaanels, 4 would be max to install.

That way, which can the Delta PRO handle better - overvoltage or overcurrent?

There really isn't anything such as over current, it will only draw what it can. But you need to stay within voltage specs or you'll smoke it.

I'm pretty excited about a delta mini. I have 160w of panels to charge it with too. I think I'll have to keep them parallel - they are series wired for a tracer mppt for the house pack. Dual duty.

If it gets cold your panels will over-volt and fry it. ?

I live in the Philippines, its cold here when temperatures are below 28 degrees Celsius hahaha.
Im just worried if these panels are too much on the edge

There's not much point is setting up PV array for more current output that your charging can use. 3@540W seems like a lot.
Two might do it, and you could wire them parallel. Seems like I saw it has a 300W max solar charging, but maybe that's the delta mini.

Post a spec on the panels, and charging specs on the delta unit. We can calculated it out.
Makes a difference if panels are tilted/oriented, or get shading.

Max values for the Delta Pro are: 1600W solar input, 150V and 15Amp

I think I go for 4x 540W in a 2x2 grid. This will outut 100V which is safe and 20Amp, but I guess the build in MPPT will draw at max 15A and if 20A are available it just is lost. But that will only happen at best performance, so with 100V/15A I will be charging 1500W and still I hope get 500+W even on cloudy days.

I got the following matrix working at 1500W with a DeltaPro + extension :
- 6 x Victron 175W in series (Voc 23.7 , Isc 9,89)
- connected in parallel with
- 6 x Vcitron 90w in series (Voc 24.06, Isc 5.03)

Panel specs are here : https://www.e-acumulatori.ro/utility/file/download?file=download_files/panou-fotovoltaic-victron6643.pdf&hash=e538c5af223d9b756f88bf2f610cec07

Use this calculator to calculate the matrix power : https://mowgli-adventures.com/wiring-solar-panels-in-series-vs-parallel/
Make sure to calculate with Voc and Isc. They combined values should not exceed 150V and 15A.

Last edited:
Back