diy solar

diy solar

Why I have trust issues on chinese products

Attachments

• IMG_2912.jpeg
    IMG_2912.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 3
I prefer lead free food.
Haa…I truly wouldn’t doubt it’s in there ,coming from that place…… the good news is a bottle last me about 5 years……at this age natural attrition will get me before the lead will.

Haa…I truly wouldn’t doubt it’s in there ,coming from that place…… the good news is a bottle last me about 5 years……at this age natural attrition will get me before the lead will.
Don’t eat a lunchable

I was not feeling well
Blood work indicated a problem…

I have heavy metal poisoning, not something a doctor would normally look for
It’s easy to blame the great Satan of mining that i work for.
But I can not rule out the possibility it’s food related or perhaps a contributing factors ( my own garden is contaminated with heavy metals… from fall out…. From the same place I work…. Yes had that tested! )

Good news after some changes my workplace hygiene practices and eating a much healthier diet I’m feeling better

But I’m pretty sure if you made business case to turn my belly fat to lubricant.
My employer would flay me and send my widow the bill for environmental disposal…

Last edited:
It's not "trust issues", it's common sense.

I've been buying stuff from China for well over a decade(not bothering to use a CC for half that time) and I thought my ability to distinguish a scammer from a honest seller was pretty good. I thought I was already in high-scammer-ratio space (electronic parts, often used, modular electronics, fpv etc) Until I started buying green energy products (inverters and batteries). As in every other field it seems 90% of sellers are genuine, maybe they try to get you small time on some extra charges etc. It appears that in solar/batteries the ratio is reversed. 90% seem hardcore scammers and the rare 10% that are honest are spoken of in hushed tones in fear scammers will learn their names and open lots of impersonating shops.

Very weird.
How do you distinguish a scammer from a honest seller?
I bought Jk bms from a seller. He later asked for my company website. I didn't respond. He asked again today. I was wondering what he wants to do with my company website.

I learned at a very young age to use the same tape measure to both check lengths and also to cut the pieces.
Using 2 different ones are troublesome as they tend to deviate from each other.
Been this way for atleast 35 years around here ^^.
Also check your tape against anyone else your working with. And if you drop your tape and bend the catch it's in the trash. I have guys using tapes that have bent catches that read 1/4" off and all their work is out of spec.

Also check your tape against anyone else your working with. And if you drop your tape and bend the catch it's in the trash. I have guys using tapes that have bent catches that read 1/4" off and all their work is out of spec.
throw it away? how about you take that thing called a hammer put the tip of the tape measure in a vice and tap tap tap it until it agrees with the marks on your square... and people wonder why they have no money.

I prefer lead free food.
not as bad as the poisonous baby food, or the infamous spring rolls with shredded cardboard in place of the meat... real thing happened here in japan from a shipment of pre-made gyoza that was imported form china.... the ground pork filing was adulterated with finely shredded cardboard..

not as bad as the poisonous baby food, or the infamous spring rolls with shredded cardboard in place of the meat... real thing happened here in japan from a shipment of pre-made gyoza that was imported form china.... the ground pork filing was adulterated with finely shredded cardboard..
Dot forget all the pet food that whacked so many peoples dogs …I think they found you could save a few bucks if cut the stuff with somthing that was poisonous to pets before shipping it to the states..

It’s simply amazing what some people will do to when no laws apply to them or if out if reach from normal oversight regulations…
( but then there is the honor system…we can probably count on that I guess) .

J.

How do you distinguish a scammer from a honest seller?
I bought Jk bms from a seller. He later asked for my company website. I didn't respond. He asked again today. I was wondering what he wants to do with my company website.
He's doing "lead classification". He probably wants your company website to understand how much effort to put into trying to sell to you in future.

Let's say you're a tiny company. They may send you a coupon every 2 weeks via Aliexpress chat like they do with everyone else. But imagine he sees your website and you're a battery maker employing 50+ people. Now he will put a lot more effort.

I would ignore it unless you want to receive "offers" (spam as we call it).

There was a bigger question there. How do you know scammers from reputable sellers. Well, you can't be completely sure (even if you already bought from them).

I use something like a point system. Every one of these give a seller positive/negative points.

First step is to know the actual value of the item. If someone is selling it substantially below, that's very suspicious. Negative.

Reviews, a single good review means very little unless the seller is new too(then I would thread very carefully). Large number of good reviews for very low price items when he's selling high price items is a negative too. For example often Aliexpress lifepo4 scammers will have hundreds of good reviews selling $1 usb adapters, sometimes they will also have one good review from selling cells. So when you're checking reviews you see "this seller has 200 positive reviews" and the newest review is showing cells so you assume all 200 are from cell purchases. It pays to check these things in detail.

Also seeing a seller has sold 50 units of something and no bad reviews is not a positive indication. Quite the contrary. Scammers will often send their crap quickly, but they will put in a tracking number for a service that will keep the transaction open as "waiting for delivery" for months. No sane person that got scammed will click "I confirm to have received the item". Instead they open a dispute. These disputes can take months to resolve and during this time a buyer can't review the transaction. So a scamner may have 50 such scam transactions open for months and retain 100% positive reviews.

The positive in case of reviews is, see lots of frequent, recent, positive reviews that roughly matches the numbers sold and no other crap like $1 "usb battery bank pcb" things.

Finally, do a Google search for the name and if people online say it is a scam steer clear.

These are my current rules. Updated with information specific to the solar/energy market where there is a lot more scammers than genuine sellers.

One more thing. Always buy on credit/debit card. (yes, you can charge back debit cards too - this is for all the Europeans like me who don't own a credit card, but have debit cards).

He's doing "lead classification". He probably wants your company website to understand how much effort to put into trying to sell to you in future.

Let's say you're a tiny company. They may send you a coupon every 2 weeks via Aliexpress chat like they do with everyone else. But imagine he sees your website and you're a battery maker employing 50+ people. Now he will put a lot more effort.

I would ignore it unless you want to receive "offers" (spam as we call it).

There was a bigger question there. How do you know scammers from reputable sellers. Well, you can't be completely sure (even if you already bought from them).

I use something like a point system. Every one of these give a seller positive/negative points.

First step is to know the actual value of the item. If someone is selling it substantially below, that's very suspicious. Negative.

Reviews, a single good review means very little unless the seller is new too(then I would thread very carefully). Large number of good reviews for very low price items when he's selling high price items is a negative too. For example often Aliexpress lifepo4 scammers will have hundreds of good reviews selling $1 usb adapters, sometimes they will also have one good review from selling cells. So when you're checking reviews you see "this seller has 200 positive reviews" and the newest review is showing cells so you assume all 200 are from cell purchases. It pays to check these things in detail.

Also seeing a seller has sold 50 units of something and no bad reviews is not a positive indication. Quite the contrary. Scammers will often send their crap quickly, but they will put in a tracking number for a service that will keep the transaction open as "waiting for delivery" for months. No sane person that got scammed will click "I confirm to have received the item". Instead they open a dispute. These disputes can take months to resolve and during this time a buyer can't review the transaction. So a scamner may have 50 such scam transactions open for months and retain 100% positive reviews.

The positive in case of reviews is, see lots of frequent, recent, positive reviews that roughly matches the numbers sold and no other crap like $1 "usb battery bank pcb" things.

Finally, do a Google search for the name and if people online say it is a scam steer clear.

These are my current rules. Updated with information specific to the solar/energy market where there is a lot more scammers than genuine sellers.

One more thing. Always buy on credit/debit card. (yes, you can charge back debit cards too - this is for all the Europeans like me who don't own a credit card, but have debit cards).
Thanks for the detailed explanations

diy solar

diy solar
Back