diy solar

diy solar

Why is my Sol-Ark 15k using grid? Solved!

Tulex

Solar Wizard
As you can see from the picture, when I get over 5kW of draw, grid kicks in. It's not a hard 5kW, as sometimes the battery will provide around 5500W. I must have something set wrong, but not finding it.

Sol-Ark Power Distribution.png

Last edited:
Seems to only really kick in for surges. Perhaps you need more available current?

What type of batteries and how many?
Are the correct accumulated discharge value registered under Battery from the main screen menu?
If the load are bigger than the discharge value this is normal.
Are you getting any F56 errors?

If all the above: buy more batteries to cope with the size of your load without using the grid.

As you can see from the picture, when I get over 5kW of draw, grid kicks in. It's not a hard 5kW, as sometimes the battery will provide around 5500W. I must have something set wrong, but not finding it.

View attachment 200914
Also make sure your Grid trickle feed is set to like 10watts.

Attachments

• IMG_0258.png
    IMG_0258.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 6
What type of batteries and how many?
Are the correct accumulated discharge value registered under Battery from the main screen menu?
If the load are bigger than the discharge value this is normal.
Are you getting any F56 errors?

If all the above: buy more batteries to cope with the size of your load without using the grid.
I don't see a place for accumulated discharge. I have the correct total ah. Under discharge, I have it set to 200 amps.
No errors.
Having 3 batteries each with 200 amp BMS, I've got to believe that should cover it.

It seems to me that something in your setup whether it be on the solark or in the BMS is restricting you to 100A discharge (looking at the one chart)
This chart in SA would confirm this theory. (This one is my Battery Current Chart)
1710000908102.png
1710000982827.png
1710001014391.png

Charging seems fine. What's the Solark say your max discharge is? (And why not grid charge from 1400-1800?)

Charging seems fine. What's the Solark say your max discharge is? (And why not grid charge from 1400-1800?)
I don't do any grid charge. The restriction is so that it puts all the solar into the batteries at those first 2 times.

To clarify, I have the first 2 times set to charge in Sol-Ark. This allows all solar to go to charging batteries. But, it doesn't allow excess to go to load if batteries fill.
The other 4 times are set to sell, so that left over solar that has satisfied load goes to batteries. This allows solar to go to load after batteries are charged.

100% user error.

I had shortened my CT wires. When I reconnected them, I had mismatched the pairs with the pin numbers. To be honest, I didn't know they had to be matched. When Sol-Ark looked at my readings, they could see that the internal and external CTs were mirroring each other, when they should have matched. So, swapped the wires, and things were all messed up. Had to check "Auto Detect Home Limit Sensors" to reteach the inverter.
All is good now.

diy solar

diy solar
Back