diy solar

diy solar

Why is VictronConnect - Remote Not Working?

RotEvery

When I try to use VictronConnect desktop app to remotely configure my Victron Smart Solar MPPT's, I keep getting this error: "MQTT-RPC Unable to connect to RPC broker. Configuring the device is not possible. Error Code #R6". Please what is the cause and solution to this problem?
1683234660674.png

If you're using a custom method, I'm clueless. I tried to use MQTT to extract some additional data and plot it with Grafana. I could see the data in MQTT explorer, but Docker/Grafana couldn't read it. I have ZERO understanding about how any of that works... simple case of monkey see-monkey do.

I use VC through VRM.

Open victronconnect.
Select VRM tab
Select VE.Direct connected device (BMV-702 and MPPT for me).

I get that error when my computer loses the internet connection. Have to quit and restart VRM when it happens.

I get that error when my computer loses the internet connection. Have to quit and restart VRM when it happens.
My internet connection seems pretty good. Remote VE.Configure is working perfectly. Only problem is VictronConnect-Remote (VC-R).

My internet connection seems pretty good. Remote VE.Configure is working perfectly. Only problem is VictronConnect-Remote (VC-R).

VEConfigure via file download? If so, that's a lot more tolerant than VC as VC needs a continuous connection.

Are you sure there's not another instance of VC running? Invisibly? I've inadvertently run a second copy and recall a similar error.

I searched on Victron community forum and couldn't find any reference to MQTT error R6. ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Cerbo GX went offline (on VRM) several days ago after been rock solid for months. Definitely not an internet issue on my side. Is Victron having issues?

From Arizona, I just accessed an MPPT in Canada and one in N. AZ.

I have not experienced any disruptions using VC to connect to devices through VRM.

I have not experienced any disruptions using VRM directly.

Past issues with connectivity have always been associated with my internet connection - either by my ISP or a failed DSL modem.

VEConfigure via file download? If so, that's a lot more tolerant than VC as VC needs a continuous connection.

Are you sure there's not another instance of VC running? Invisibly? I've inadvertently run a second copy and recall a similar error.
Yes. Remote VE.Configure. Settings file download and upload, Remote firmware upgrade, et cetera.

My Cerbo GX went offline (on VRM) several days ago after been rock solid for months. Definitely not an internet issue on my side. Is Victron having issues?
I just experienced this for the first time 3 days ago. Cerbo GX disconnected from WiFi. Refused to reconnect. Showed "No Access Point". The installer guy came and disconnected / reconnected the battery power supply to the Cerbo GX and the problem got solved.

I searched on Victron community forum and couldn't find any reference to MQTT error R6. ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've been able to get the VC-R to work on my phone. Not yet on my laptop. I put on the two MTTQ's and after that it worked on my phone. When I later had problem with my Cerbo Connection to WiFi, I switched OFF the two MTTQ's. VC-R still working on my phone. Working even with VC-R open on two phones. Will try again on laptop when I have time.

Back