diy solar

diy solar

Will, Delta Pro claims you refused to review the new Delta Pro... is this true?

Windandsolar.com still has it on their website, with a 12 year warranty. But, it might be out of stock.

Windandsolar.com still has it on their website, with a 12 year warranty. But, it might be out of stock.
These sites seem to suggest it's discontinued:

They said they sent it out this week actually. Very slow response time and hard to work with them. I had these issues with the first unit from them. I purchased the first one with my own money too.

They are impossible to work with. They have had a problem with the second optional battery being recognized by the River Pro. It’s supposedly a firmware issue. I contacted them before purchase to see if the problem was resolved before purchase and they said yes (I have screen shots of the discussion). So I bought two batteries and two River pro’s $$$$…

Well both batteries arrived and they are not recognized by the main unit. I have the same problem many others do (bad reviews all over). Now I can’t get them to replace them or even talk about it. They are only 3 days old and all I want is for them to replace them with working units. They did initially respond, said they had a tech “remotely connect” to the main unit over the internet, confirmed it was a firmware issue, their problem, but new firmware was no help.. (I have screen shots) but they refuse to send out replacements. All they offered was for me to ship them to Texas from New Jersey, and wait three weeks for a repair… and they were dead on arrival!

They are a horrible company, lied to me, said they fixed their firmware issues, sent me new firmware, still broke and I bought these for a trip, now I’m out the money and the AH’s…

Anyway buyer beware at least for the second batteries and any support help..

Last edited:
They are impossible to work with. They have had a problem with the second optional battery being recognized by the River Pro. It’s supposedly a firmware issue. I contacted them before purchase to see if the problem was resolved before purchase and they said yes (I have screen shots of the discussion). So I bought two batteries and two River pro’s $$$$…

Well both batteries arrived and they are not recognized by the main unit. I have the same problem many others do (bad reviews all over). Now I can’t get them to replace them or even talk about it. They are only 3 days old and all I want is for them to replace them with working units. They did initially respond, said they had a tech “remotely connect” to the main unit over the internet, confirmed it was a firmware issue, their problem, but new firmware was no help.. (I have screen shots) but they refuse to send out replacements. All they offered was for me to ship them to Texas from New Jersey, and wait three weeks for a repair… and they were dead on arrival!

They are a horrible company, lied to me, said they fixed their firmware issues, sent me new firmware, still broke and I bought these for a trip, now I’m out the money and the AH’s…

Anyway buyer beware at least for the second batteries and any support help..
A firmware update was pushed out earlier this week that addressed the Extra Battery compatibility issue.

A firmware update was pushed out earlier this week that addressed the Extra Battery compatibility issue.
I have it, it came last night. It did not fix either battery. Note that this is according to the tech the firmware in the extra battery not the pro main unit. We did upgrade that with the latest. The techs note is below.

FF1871E4-2E72-474E-8140-804EA2F480BA.jpeg5242998E-8DAD-4F28-BDB5-78D1ABCD529D.png

Last edited:
The one above that came last night is the second they tried, now they gave up. This one below is the earlier one..
If there is a newer one than what came last night the tech I talked with does not know about it. He says that the firmware in the second battery is the issue and that that needs to be done at the factory.

Attachments

• 23DEEF98-4C67-4982-AFA7-0CC4D1ED46D6.jpeg
    23DEEF98-4C67-4982-AFA7-0CC4D1ED46D6.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Just a little update. I just heard back finally. The tech seems to be saying they will be cross shipping replacements. There is a bit of a language barrier. At this point they seem to be trying to resolve the issue. It took lots of emails and phone calls and having Amazon lean on them but they are looking to correct the problem. I’ll update when I know. I love the stuff from them I have that works, I’d like to keep doing business if they can get their act together…

Just a little update. I just heard back finally. The tech seems to be saying they will be cross shipping replacements. There is a bit of a language barrier. At this point they seem to be trying to resolve the issue. It took lots of emails and phone calls and having Amazon lean on them but they are looking to correct the problem. I’ll update when I know. I love the stuff from them I have that works, I’d like to keep doing business if they can get their act together…
They do try to take care of their customers, but as you said, there is a bit of language and time zone barrier. I had fried my Delta Max’s inverter doing basically what Will did in his Delta Pro test (ground loop). My fault. Roly was actually the rep I dealt with as well. Got me a new replacement within a week (though it did help that I live fairly close to one of their US repair centers).

Gosh, that sounds ridiculous. I will look into that.
I registered here to find out more about this claim :) @Will Prowse, I had a look at your youtube review and didn't find any reference on this. Is this claim true? I'm waiting for my DP to be delivered and I plan to always keep it connected to AC and solar with consumers constantly drawing power out of it. Is there any harm in doing this?

I registered here to find out more about this claim :) @Will Prowse, I had a look at your youtube review and didn't find any reference on this. Is this claim true? I'm waiting for my DP to be delivered and I plan to always keep it connected to AC and solar with consumers constantly drawing power out of it. Is there any harm in doing this?
Many people in the official Delta Series Facebook group do leave their solar connected 24x7.

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back