diy solar

diy solar

Wireless solution to feed CT clamp data to hybrid inverter

Ok, I made it work. If i select protocol to NONE instead of Modbus it weirdly works....
Now I'm facing another issue, after it starting to communicate after few minutes I'm getting ileak-pro01 error message and inverter shuts down. It happens only if I connect this RS485 to Ethernet server, without it everything works just fine, not sure why it is causing DC leakage to trip, doesn't make sense to me.

This is a very interesting thread and a solution to a common problem when faced with a retro-fit, when existing system is remote from incoming electric supply.
I would like to install a similar system. I have one ethernet cable which was installed into shed but never used and, via a switch located in a home office, it has the potential of connecting to a router in the main house. I need 2 x connections from the Huawei SUN2000 Hybrid inverter - 1. WLAN (or Wifi but no signal) connection for comms and 2. RS485 to the remote DDSU666meter near incoming supply(at house). I therefore think I need -
INVERTER END
WLAN connection from inverter to an ethernet switch which is connected to the existing ethernet cable
RS485 connection converted to Ethernet using waveshare converter or similar and plugged into same switch
METER END
Another switch (to 'split' the ethernet?)
Ethernet patch lead from switch direct into router for comms to inverter
Ethernet patch lead into ethernet / RS485 converter and wired into connection on DDSU666 meter

Is this correct folks?

Also are the RS485/ethernet converters all bi-directional and can you forsee any issues with using PoE devices?

Ok, I made it work. If i select protocol to NONE instead of Modbus it weirdly works....
yes.. odd.
Now I'm facing another issue, after it starting to communicate after few minutes I'm getting ileak-pro01 error message and inverter shuts down. It happens only if I connect this RS485 to Ethernet server, without it everything works just fine, not sure why it is causing DC leakage to trip, doesn't make sense to me.
@cliffhanger had a similar error that was fixed with a Solis firmware update - see thread

yes.. odd.

@cliffhanger had a similar error that was fixed with a Solis firmware update - see thread
I've made some more progress. It works now, but signal periodically drops. Inverter shows communication OK for 5-10s and then it drops to fail, then back to OK. can't figure out what's causing it.

For the purity of experiment I got exactly same devices today - waveshare r485 to eth.
I did setup everything and it is working for few second, then it throws met slt fail error. I really do not understand what I'm doing wrong.
Can someone post screenshots from waveshare, one from meter side and one from inverter side, just to ensure I'm not missing anything.

PS. Also, it looks like Solis is RS485 master, not slave, so he is requesting and meter is responding, not other way around.

Hi Folks,

God bless i found this thread. I was trying to achieve the same thing. Unfortunately I already spent a lot of time trying to make it work with EBYTE E32 RF433 transceivers. I'm unable to make it work so far. Meter COM LED just doesn't come up, despite config on E32 being correct. Does anyone have success with with those?

Or i guess I'll go with already tester method via ethernet. I found that there is also Waveshare to Wifi DIN module available.

BTW pinout I'm using from RJ45 to unit are pins 3+7 and 6+8 as per wiring diagram. I've tested it with solis directly connected and it works:

Hi All,
I've read this thread several times and It's full of interesting stuff. So I have a Question.
I've just fitted a Growatt SPH3000 down the garden with 6.6kw storage and 3.6kw PV panels. This has been wired using the suggestions from this thread CT coil to smart meter, RS485 to waveshare, Direct connection to router-POE switch in shed, waveshare to RS485 to inverter.
All seems good? So my question: Has anybody had and problems with the amount of energy feed back to the grid?
I had one day when i didn't feed into the grid as i only want my system to feed my household and not the grid, Growatt setup with export limit on and set to zero, Priority set to Batt first. What could cause my inverter to feed to grid? Is it the delay on the RS485 over ethernet?
All help would be helpful.

The inverter has its own lag, on some you can calibrate the set point to be say 40 or 50w incoming as the target point to reduce feed in. I use a mk2pvdiverter that monitors at 50 times a sec and I am still feeding a 0.2kWh per month

The inverter has its own lag, on some you can calibrate the set point to be say 40 or 50w incoming as the target point to reduce feed in. I use a mk2pvdiverter that monitors at 50 times a sec and I am still feeding a 0.2kWh per month
I'm not sure if this will help? I'm not bleeding a few kwh's per month I've given away 5.5kwh's in the last 3 days :fp2

I'm not sure if this will help? I'm not bleeding a few kwh's per month I've given away 5.5kwh's in the last 3 days :fp2
So rather than a calibration issue then a setting is wrong or the firmware is mince. You best post screenshots of all your settings in the hope someone with a similar inverter can see the issue. Being written in Chinglise the setting headings are prone to meaning the opposite of what a native english speaker would assume.

Yesterday, After speaking to Growatt I've bitten the bullet and fitted a shielded RS485 cable to my SPH3000. It was a good 50mt run. Anyway It has greatly reduced my return to grid consummation to almost zero. My only conclusion is that the hand shake between my first RS485 unit to the other RS485 unit isn't perfect thus causing my problems or some off my problems. One thing I have noticed is that ever 2hours approx the SPH does a little dance? when wired (after pic) the return to grid is very small, my battery's will charge slightly 1% first hour, hold for one hour then dump 1% in this dance. With the (dance pic) It just dumped during this dance period sometimes over 1kwh. So my conclusion is that the idea using RS485 converters will work with some Inverters but not all and Growatt SPH units have a weird dance about ever 2hrs?
Side note, If anybody wants to buy 2 waveshare RS485 converters with power supply i have a set going :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• After.png
    After.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Dance.png
    Dance.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 5
RS485 should be good up to 200M but you have to follow the full recommendations, on the first and last pair you need to add 120ohm resistors between the Data+ and Data - wires. Also if there are ground pins at both ends then connect them together, RS485 works by comparing the deferential voltage between Data+ and Data- wires, the ground gives the RS485 chip a reference of 0V rather than a guess. Shielded network cable with stranded wires works well.

RS485 should be good up to 200M but you have to follow the full recommendations, on the first and last pair you need to add 120ohm resistors between the Data+ and Data - wires. Also if there are ground pins at both ends then connect them together, RS485 works by comparing the deferential voltage between Data+ and Data- wires, the ground gives the RS485 chip a reference of 0V rather than a guess. Shielded network cable with stranded wires works well.
I've no issues with direct RS485 connection and no need for 120ohm resistor just grounded one side. the issue is with the waveshare converters which may be Data loss, Coms issue or Lag over the network? also the connection between waveshare to Meter/Inverter was less than 20cm for each one.
The above also doesn't answer the Dance every 2hr's. All in all it's a mystery that's served it's course and hope helps others to double think about RS485 over Ethernet?

Para aquellos de ustedes que no pudieron hacer funcionar los waveshares, el puerto de destino del servidor TCP debe ser 0 y ya no se conecta ni desconecta continuamente. Lo único que no consigo ponerme a trabajar es la exportación, pero todo lo demás perfecto.

Hi,

Just to add my experience.

I had a distance of approx. 30m to cover & was looking at a similar solution.
I did have a cat 5e cable spare running from the house to the shed.
I wired up the CT & it is responding fine. In all a total cable distance of 35m

Sunsynk 5kW with 15 Jinko 420W panels on the shed roof - with 14.3kW battery pack.

diy solar

diy solar
Back