diy solar

diy solar

Wiring 2 Renogy 100W suitcases w/controllers

MadeInBrooklyn

I am trying to re-set up solar panels for my hydroponics system since I am getting a new inverter. I had it set up last year but realized that from doing some research only 1 panel works at a time since they both have controllers apparently?--> https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f34/solar-question-225302-2.html#post2503659. So I have a couple questions based on what I read. Thanks for the help!

My Equipment:
The panels were connected in parallel

1. Would I even need to reconfigure this? Would there be any benefits? If so can I wire them both thru only 1 of the 20A controllers or would I have to get a new 30-40A one?
2. What would be the best way to wire these 4 together? Would I need to bypass one or both of the controllers?

If someone has a wiring diagram for this it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again for your help

I do not see why using both controllers and sets of panels, each connected to the same battery would not work.

You could rewire but i do not see any benefit.

I do not see why using both controllers and sets of panels, each connected to the same battery would not work.

You could rewire but i do not see any benefit.
Thank you that would make my life much easier and save me money. How would you connect them all together?

Back