diy solar

diy solar

Wood Ground Mount - BiFacial Worth It?

lboucher26

Hi All

Attached are some images of my wooden ground array.
I am debating relocating the current panels and replacing with bifacial.
Question is, how much does the wooden 4x4's negate the benefit of bifacials? Is it worth it to switch?

1 thing i think i have going for me is that its a north facing slope, so the panels are very high up compared to the ground/trees behind the array.

Advice welcome.
Thanks

Attachments

• 1000009323.jpg
    1000009323.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 1000009322.jpg
    1000009322.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 66
It will hurt it, but probably not by a lot. Back side absorbs diffuse irradiance, which typically doesn't cast much of a shadow.

Can't answer if it's worth it.

Glad to see someone else went with bird spikes.... those bastids had free flowing cloacas until I took away their perch.

I agree - loss will be modest. I have 16 bifacials waiting to be mounted on wooden structures in a few weeks. Also think the bird spikes are genius. @lboucher26 where did you purchase those, please? Looks like exactly what I need.

I agree - loss will be modest. I have 16 bifacials waiting to be mounted on wooden structures in a few weeks. Also think the bird spikes are genius. @lboucher26 where did you purchase those, please? Looks like exactly what I need.
They are 3d printed. If you want to send me dimensions of ur panel I will design and print some for a modest cost. PM me if interested

Where did you get them?
$107.30 now,, qty 10 minimum, they had a free shipping over $1000 deal going on. Be aware I'm still waiting for mine to actually show active tracking, after ordering May 31st, that in stock claim may be doubtful.

They are 3d printed. If you want to send me dimensions of ur panel I will design and print some for a modest cost. PM me if interested
Will do. Thanks! Just might take a few weeks. Panels sitting wrapped on pallet in garage of current house while they finish the new barn a few miles away. No place to even install the inverters yet!

I have ground mounted bi-facials they seem to help a lot in the late evening. The tail end of my production during the day seems like I get a few kWh extra during sunset. Here are some pics of my setup and production from yesterday.

1.jpg 2.jpg
20240611_163847.jpg

I have 2 systems (52) 400 watt panels on Enphase IQ7 plus's and (16) 450 watt panels on solaredge 7.6k inverter

diy solar

diy solar
Back