diy solar

diy solar

Wrong battery selected

Gibson

I purchased a travel trailer on Friday and part of the "deal" were batteries. I selected two 6v flooded lead acid because they had more AH compared to the AGM offerings. I will put in some BB in once these bite the dust.

Anyway, so I was going through the trailer today, starting to set things up and part of that was pairing my cell with the Go Power controller that came with the trailer. It was only showing 100 AH and the batteries are supposed to be 210. I got into the menu I saw they were set for AGM. They put AGM in when they were setting the trailer up for delivery and my sales guy asked "you wanted the 6v lead acid right?" "Yes". "I thought so, ok, I need to have them swap the batteries out".

Well they did but did not change the charging profile. My question is, would the wrong profile damage those batteries?

Thanks!

Lead acid to AGM is a pretty negligible difference charging wise. The bigger issue is when you're not getting LFP batteries fully charged because lead doesn't charge high enough.

Won't damage the batteries but float and balancing settings are different.

I much prefer AGM to flooded. No maintenance and can handle lower temps.

Thanks. I was disappointed with the battery options (no LFP) but I can live it for the winter. It's not like I will be camping in the snow anyway.

Back